LW/French Resistance/ RAF/ Grouping! Amazing

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
HetzersGonnaHetz

LW/French Resistance/ RAF/ Grouping! Amazing

Post by HetzersGonnaHetz » 14 Jun 2016, 18:38

Hi Guys,
Need everyone's help on this, I'm posting it for a friend of mine.
This an amazing grouping that's his father in law.
As you see, it has medals from different nations, Poland and British medals. This is the story:
He was from Silesia in Poland, on the border with Germany, when the Germans invaded, he served in the Reichsarbiestdienst, then he was sent into the Luftwaffe and guarded airfields. When they were sent to France, he escaped, to which the Germans presumed he was killed, and joined the French Resistance. While in the resistance, he blew up trains and did drive bys. After a while in the French resistance, a year or so, maybe 2, he joined the RAF and the Polish airforce, and fought for them! Everything you see below belonged to 1 man, and that story is about his war, what a war it was for him! What I think is specially exceptional is the 3rd pattern FS knife, wow!
He doesn't want to sell it but want stronger opinions on value. Obviously there's nothing like it but any ideas, however I'd like this to be something to be enjoyed! :)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

brick2

Re: LW/French Resistance/ RAF/ Grouping! Amazing

Post by brick2 » 30 Jun 2016, 03:27

In the book SAS With The Maquis , by Ian Wellsted , at page 201 , he tells of Polish soldiers in German uniforms joining the Maquis ( French Resistance )

http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/fs.htm is a good place to look for the value of the knife , although the provenance of your one should increase it's value.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 30 Jun 2016, 14:23

brick2 wrote:In the book SAS With The Maquis , by Ian Wellsted , at page 201 , he tells of Polish soldiers in German uniforms joining the Maquis ( French Resistance )

http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/fs.htm is a good place to look for the value of the knife , although the provenance of your one should increase it's value.

Snyder's would be the WORST place to look for value or originality of anything!.... one of the WORST SITES out there!... he's DEAD (RIP)~ but not forgotten. HAVE ANYTHING BOUGHT FROM CHARLIE CHECKED BY A QUALIFIED COLLECTOR..... he sold more fake stuff than Bayer has sold aspirin! Those few real things he has/had are WAY WAY OVER-PRICED!

Warning if the website is still up.... NOT a good place to reference or buy anything!
John G.

HetzersGonnaHetz

Post by HetzersGonnaHetz » 05 Jul 2016, 10:06

Cheers for the feedback guys, I might look into that book mate, but I know Snyders is renown for fake stuff, so I steer clear, it's really hard to value this grouping as there can't be many if not any around 8O

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”