Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

binoculars - any value

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general.
Hosted by John G & William Kramer.

binoculars - any value

Postby Lappland on 07 Sep 2010 18:34

Bought these binoculars from fleamarket. Tought they were cheap. Are they any good? Kriegsmarine? Paint is mostly gone but otherwise they are ok.
Lappland
Finland

Re: binoculars - any value

Postby John G. on 07 Sep 2010 21:11

Lappland,
I'm not an expert on German Binoculars....but they certianly are German WW2 7x50 Binoculars.....usually if they were Navy they'd have an Eagle M marking.....of course, some non-naval were used by the KM and some KM used by the other branches....as long as the optics are good....nice binoculars. There is a thread here on the AHF about German Binocs....check it out.
John G.
John G.
Forum Staff
United States

Postby giselher on 07 Sep 2010 23:26

I can help with those: These are rather late war Leitz 7x50 Marine binoculars (beh being the producer code for the Ernst Leitz Wetzlar optical works). According to the serial number, production should have been early in 1944. Overall condition does not seem so good. Nevertheless, if the optics are still ok, no fungus, no chips in lenses and prisms, these binoculars have some value. Maybe 200 Euros on ebay?

The binoculars with Eagle and Swastika and M for Kriegsmarine date from earlier in the war.

I have done some research especially on historical Leitz binoculars, therefore I am able to help rather well in this case.

Best Tilman
giselher
Financial supporter
Germany

Postby Lappland on 08 Sep 2010 06:53

thx guys! Well it seems it was not so bad - I paid 16€ for these:)
Lappland
Finland

Postby Xavier on 08 Sep 2010 18:26

:) good buy..!
it seems there is still treasure to be found at the right places and at a bargain price...
Xavier
Der Autodidakt
Xavier
Financial supporter
Mexico

Postby edelweiss on 16 May 2012 21:29

Here in Belgium you pay up to 250€ and more in that condition. So you did a "golden" buy :)
edelweiss
Belgium

Return to Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria