advice on buying in Poland?

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
thirdpotato

advice on buying in Poland?

Post by thirdpotato » 11 Jan 2014, 15:55

I'm a reenactor and I'm going on a trip to Poland. Any advice on buying authentic German WWII stuff while I'm there? Especially shopping on sites like allegro.pl? Planning on doing the flea markets too but unfamiliar with the scan rate or if most people sell legit authentic German stuff. My friend in Poland says a lot of people there are collectors, but is there anything I should be aware of?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: advice on buying in Poland?

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 12 Jan 2014, 02:58

What should you beware of in Poland?
EVERYTHING /EVERYWHERE/EVERYBODY/
If you think you will hit the flea markets, shops and score a bargain.well,LOL

wm

Post by wm » 12 Jan 2014, 11:02

Anything based on madness is well represented in Poland, even collectors :). But short trips are useless as said above. You can shop on allegro from the safety of your home, and you are by law entitled to 10 days no question asked return policy.

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 13 Jan 2014, 01:10

Surely Poland is not the only country where you can be ripped off... :lol:

Advice is the same as for any country. When you don't know what you are doing, don't expect good results. Try to control things, you can control, not those you can't.

Rather than blaming others for taking advantage of you, educate yourself, know your subject well, before starting to show your cash around!

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”