German Belt Buckle

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Bossieke

German Belt Buckle

Post by Bossieke » 08 Mar 2014, 01:14

Dear All,

I'm a little bit puzzled about a German belt buckle I recently received. It looks so different from all others so I assumed it was a fake. However what intrigued me was that there is some text at the back, from what I could make, it says:
GES.GESCH
Reichsverband DFK
...ngmannerbunde
Deutschland
Wuppertal-Barmen
Allee 191

Attached are also some pictures of it.

I would be great to get some feedback from you guys on what you think it is.

Apologies for my English as it's not my native language.

Thanks,
Bart
WP_20140307_001.jpg
Attachments
WP_20140307_012.jpg
WP_20140307_011.jpg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: German Belt Buckle

Post by John G. » 08 Mar 2014, 14:06

Nickle plated "SA" buckle....normally called "NSKK" but in reality could also be almost any early NSDAP organization....originally the buckle was supposed to match the button color!....

The only explanation for the markings is that the "base" of the buckle was originally made for/as a "DFK" buckle, and was reused (or used) with the added "SA" front disc.... not unknown (or other "re-used" variations). Probably only of special interest to the most "obscure" buckle collectors...but an interesting variation of a somewhat scarce "nickle" "SA/NSKK buckle".

I'd say 100% period.... full "markings" like this were fairly typical for early 1920/30s buckles when production was small... later as production numbers increased...markings tended to change to "trademarks"... (always with exceptions).
John G.

Bossieke

Re: German Belt Buckle

Post by Bossieke » 08 Mar 2014, 21:54

Thanks John!

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”