WW1 German Soldier Items (Identification)

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
diazcalvi

WW1 German Soldier Items (Identification)

Post by diazcalvi » 12 Aug 2014, 17:33

Hi all. I got this lot from Germany. To complement the display of my pickelhaube.
Seems like a good lot. It has a prismatic, a flag, a map, a piece of newspaper.
I need you guys to help me identify what they are. Thanks in advance.
What I mean is, is that prismatic period? The flag was from a household or maybe soldiers used them? What is that book? Or some kind of paperweight made from a card/id?
It includes a piece of wood.. that just looks like a bloody table leg... :| ... but I dont know, maybe you recognize it as something particular interesting
Thanks all
3249_1_d76ddacb.jpg
The whole set
3249_3_d76ddacb.jpg
3249_4_d76ddacb.jpg
3249_5_af459544.jpg
3249_6_af459544.jpg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: WW1 German Soldier Items (Identification)

Post by John G. » 13 Aug 2014, 12:25

Mixed WW 1 and 1920/30s veteran lot....... Flag is "commercial stick flag" from 1920s/30s (Stick looks like it's AMERICAN-made!)... Prismatic is "homemade", probably period.... (if one guys lot it identifies him). The paper booklet/Poem is for a "Prinz Louispold Kanoniere" (Artillery Regt.)- dates post-WW 1 I'd assume.... Wood table leg is a "Tent pole" section, I believe... from the look of it.

If one guys,.... not a bad lot..... if mixed, then it's a bunch of mostly misc. (and badly damaged) items... (fairly low value)....

Nice WW 1 Breadbags are fairly hard to find .... yours appears to need some "TLC"....

Hope this helps alittle...
John G.

diazcalvi

Post by diazcalvi » 13 Aug 2014, 14:46

Thanks. All coming from the same household in Germany.
From the same guy. The "american made" appearance of the flag puts me a bit off. The poem - I could not find any reference of "Prinz Louispold Kanoniere" (as such) in google. what is very interesting. Its a large book with marks. I will take better pictures. Good call, it could be a tent pole.
What do you mean with TLC? (sorry, not familiar with the term), is a cleaning, a product?
Any idea of the paperweight? (which was not a paperweight but maybe some kind of card, preserved on a paperweight.
Let me take more pics John. I just received yesterday and those pics where from the seller.
Carlos D.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 13 Aug 2014, 18:45

John G. wrote:[...] The paper booklet/Poem is for a "Prinz Louispold Kanoniere" (Artillery Regt.)- dates post-WW 1 I'd assume.... [...] John G.
Agree with what John told, just let me mention that it´s "Prinz Luitpold Kanoniere".
Maybe you can fin the name of the former owner here on the memorial:
http://www.denkmalprojekt.org/dkm_deuts ... _7_bay.htm
Some informations about Luitpold himself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luitpold, ... of_Bavaria

diazcalvi

Post by diazcalvi » 14 Aug 2014, 07:12

Thanks history1. I will upload more pics now as I have the items with me.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”