What could the value of this bust of Adolf Hitler?

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
MissPernilla

What could the value of this bust of Adolf Hitler?

Post by MissPernilla » 20 Mar 2015, 17:36

Hello!

I'm trying to sell a bust of Adolf Hitler, made by my boyfriend's father.

I have seen a lot of busts online for sale but I haven't been able to find out how much they cost.
I have also been mailing a lot of auctioneers but most of them weren't interested in selling a bust of Hitler.

So, I hope you guys could help me with my questions.

How much do you think this bust is worth?

Where could I find a buyer?

According to this article, it could be worth a lot, what do you think?
http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/49802 ... celebrated

--------------------------------------------------------------
The bust of Hitler was made by Otto Fischer-Credo.

It's made of ceremtic.

Height: 45cm
Width: 36cm

Thank you for your help!
Attachments
IMG_2405.JPG
IMG_2405.JPG (91.54 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
IMG_2407.JPG
IMG_2407.JPG (99.11 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
IMG_2406.JPG
IMG_2406.JPG (82.24 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
IMG_2403.JPG
IMG_2403.JPG (89.29 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: What could the value of this bust of Adolf Hitler?

Post by John G. » 23 Mar 2015, 13:19

:welcome:

There are too many unknowns before one can even begin to try to value something like this....

Clay/ceramic is either the artists original sculpture or a "cheapy slip-poured" version.... (possibly due to it's wartime date) ... I'd want to see what the triangular shape marking on the base says, first.... (not normal for the artist's original ?).... etc., and any provenance...

If it is a family heirloom there should be photos, documentation, etc. on it and the artist.... provenance would be KEY on this one IMO.

Value is subjective... most BRONZE busts (life size or near) usually run under $10,000.00 ..... a "slip-poured" version would be highly questionable without documentation IMO and worth considerably less that a bronze/spelter version.... an artists original is difficult to value since the Hitler connection takes it out of the "art world" except to collectors/historians.... but certainly would mean it's a "one of a kind" in that case.

I won't speculate further.... there are other militaria forums you should probably also post this on.... good luck.
John G.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”