K98 bayonet HELP!

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
NewCollector

K98 bayonet HELP!

Post by NewCollector » 26 Jul 2015, 19:25

So, some how when my grandfather died we got a bunch of stuff that was his. We found a BAYONET!! I had it and was happy to have it but never actually thought about it. After some years I saw an K98 bayonet and it looked exactly like the one I had. I just need to know the worth of it (money) and if it is good. It says on the blade 44AGV and on the other side 6969a. It is in good shape but has some small weird spots. The scabbard is in a bit more used shape but you can see some kind of numbers on it. It's also some kind of eagle marked on it but it is a bit "blurry". Thank you :milsmile:
Nihil Impossibilis Est

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: K98 bayonet HELP!

Post by John G. » 27 Jul 2015, 00:43

:welcome:
Value would depend on whether the sheath numbers match those on the bayonet, the overall condition, grip composition, and does it have the frog or not...

Too many unknowns to be specific... general "range" of values

VG+ used w/mixed #s is worth $75.00/120.00 US w/out the frog (All values Retail +/-)
VG+ used w/matching #s is worth $100./200.00 US w/out the frog
Typical frog adds $50.00 ....

That assumes no heavy rust, pitting, loss of tip, incorrect sheath, over-cleaning, major dents, etc.

Hope this helps.
John G.

NewCollector

Re: K98 bayonet HELP!

Post by NewCollector » 29 Jul 2015, 13:11

This helps me think about if I actually want to sell it or keep it. The sheath and the bayonet match but I do not have the frog to it. It's in good shape, little rust etc,

Thanks!
Nihil Impossibilis Est

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”