My WW1 French Engineers Adrian Helmet

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
HetzersGonnaHetz

My WW1 French Engineers Adrian Helmet

Post by HetzersGonnaHetz » 11 May 2016, 22:48

Hi guys this is my WW1 French Engineers Adrian Helmet, any idea on value? I'm not letting it go but not sure on value, it doesn't have a liner or chinstrap but I thought you guys would like it. :D
Attachments
image.jpeg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: My WW1 French Engineers Adrian Helmet

Post by John G. » 12 May 2016, 11:23

The front emblem doesn't match paint or wear-wise to the helmet shell... probably re-badged. Closer look at wear pattern, fold tabs, etc. required to be sure. As a shell w/added Engineers badge $75./100.00 US.... $120./150.00 US if un-tampered with and assuming the front plate is original (they make well-made copies!)... the missing liner & strap obviously effect it's value significantly!

IMHO of course.
John G.

HetzersGonnaHetz

Post by HetzersGonnaHetz » 12 May 2016, 18:25

The emblem is pretty tight, got wear but front isn't too bad so explains itself. Cheers

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 12 May 2016, 21:15

So IOW 's in other words.. you really could care less what other opinions are.

HetzersGonnaHetz

Post by HetzersGonnaHetz » 12 May 2016, 21:34

What do you mean, I'm here to learn? He said it looks reapplied and it probably was, that's why I posted it.. For opinions. He said IMHO and I agree, I just told him a few more details so I can understand more about it. I apologise for any inconvenience Mark, I seem to have pi**ed in your cornflakes along the line somewhere, I'm only 15 and started collecting last year, I don't know much and I'm amateur at collecting and it clearly shows through, i didn't start collecting and immediately become an expert like you must've done. When you started, which I guess would be 30+ years ago, repros and fakes were lower quality, they've become very accurate these days and that is why I ask questions. Next time I won't and I'll get burned.

Sorry about that, thanks for the opinion John, I agree, I'm ordering a replica liner and chinstrap as there is hardly any originals on the market. :)

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”