New to collecting. Curious about these Luft daggers

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Cater Man

New to collecting. Curious about these Luft daggers

Post by Cater Man » 10 Feb 2017, 21:06

Hello all,

I am new to collecting (only 1 piece) and wanted to run these 2 daggers by a few trained eyes to give me some input. They are on the collectors guild website, and from what I have read they seem like a reputable bunch. Everything I've read seems to point towards these being legit, but the internet can make you paranoid sometimes. Thanks for any input!

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Luftwaff ... 18876.html

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Luftwaff ... 22675.html

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: New to collecting. Curious about these Luft daggers

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 11 Feb 2017, 00:50

No clue about the edged weapons, but the site **Collectors Guild** is ok, but has had it's share of fakes being sold as genuine, might be a few on as we post,have not trolled the guild in a week or so

Larry C

Post by Larry C » 11 Feb 2017, 01:38

Hi Caterman ,,I see no issues with neither and both are authentic..but I will follow up on the details of the crossguard ,pommel and scabbard to double check consistency by each producer. Im quite sure they are fine..but it never hurts to study further.
I dont have Mod powers..here..but saving the photos to this thread would best help the next collector in study...as eventually the sales link will die once those daggers are sold..and rendering this thread empty. :)

I will dig into this later tonight.
Regards Larry
luft2.jpg

luft1.jpg

Cater Man

Post by Cater Man » 11 Feb 2017, 08:11

I appreciate the replies. I'm going to keep looking into these as well. Just trying to minimize the risk of getting burned.

Larry C

Post by Larry C » 11 Feb 2017, 16:21

HI Cater..I dug into my library and I see no issues and all fittings are consistent to each of these producers.

For the Holler dagger..I see a generic used Pommel type ( WKC Generic type ) which is encountered on a many other Luft producers.

2 decent examples you posted above.

Regards Larry

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”