Arsenal of beating Germany

Discussions on alternate history, including events up to 20 years before today. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
antfreire

Re: Arsenal of beating Germany

Post by antfreire » 17 Jul 2015, 16:26

Michael Kenny wrote:
antfreire wrote:Torch was an operation almost exclusively done to prevent Stalin from coming to an agreement with Hitler by ceding some lands to the Fuhrer's Lebensraum in exchange for the signing of some kind of cease fire between the two dictators. This was very much taken into considerations in those days.
The reason it is 'not taken into consideration' is because it is pure invention.
You have the right to your opinion. But not only I believe what I just wrote, but I insist that the Overlord operation was not necessarily to end the war in Europe, but it was very important to prevent the Red Army from taking the whole of Germany and perhaps even more.

dshaday

Post by dshaday » 17 Jul 2015, 16:27

Hi Michael

You have not been able to support your comment that Hitler "claimed the UK was a washed -up bankrupt country that could not even defend itself" and have had every opportunity to do so. Now you ignore your obligation of proof and point me to a useless merry-go-round.

This is a research forum, with rules for fanciful statements made without proof. It is amply clear that you have made-up this this statement and attributed it to Hitler. It is unsupported.

Your dishonesty is clear to anyone who has read this thread.

Dennis

kuba kowalski

Post by kuba kowalski » 17 Jul 2015, 16:27

Aber wrote:So where exactly do you think the Lebensraum would have been, and how would it have worked with a Poland independent of Germany?
If Poland had accepted Hitler's proposals for an anti-Soviet alliance then Poland would have remained like Slovakia did - an independent state outside of the German living space sphere.

Hitler's Lebensraum was in the East (Ukraine, Russia, etc). The Nazi Lebensraum concept was not universally accepted among all Nazis e.g Rosenberg was open to the idea of Ukraine being an independent state.

kuba kowalski

Post by kuba kowalski » 17 Jul 2015, 16:28

dshaday wrote:Hi Michael

You have not been able to support your comment that Hitler "claimed the UK was a washed -up bankrupt country that could not even defend itself" and have had every opportunity to do so. Now you ignore your obligation of proof and point me to a useless merry-go-round.

This is a research forum, with rules for fanciful statements made without proof. It is amply clear that you have made-up this this statement and attributed it to Hitler. It is unsupported.

Your dishonesty is clear to anyone who has read this thread.

Dennis
I couldn't have put it better myself Dennis, no doubt you'll be responded with a post which he will link to his previous posts and dodge the question of proving his claim. :thumbsup:

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 17 Jul 2015, 16:29

kuba kowalski wrote:Would you like to explain what the terms "phoney war" and "Western betrayal" mean then?
Possibly the same as 'this is my last territorial demand in Europe'?
kuba kowalski wrote: They did not preserve any of Poland and did not give a toss about it, look at what happened post 1945 too.
In 1945 Poland survived and was compensated with a large chunk of Germany.

kuba kowalski wrote: They did not keep their word, just like they never did with Czechoslovakia in 1938.
That is Rich. A defender of Hitler complaining others 'did not keep their word'.
Last edited by Michael Kenny on 17 Jul 2015, 16:34, edited 2 times in total.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 17 Jul 2015, 16:33

dshaday wrote:

All your questions have been answered in previous posts
See:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p1956547

dshaday wrote: Your dishonesty is clear to anyone who has read this thread.
The reader can judge for themselves if it is my 'dishonesty' or your lack of understanding is the problem.

dshaday wrote:
I urge you to report this (you claim) blatant breach of the forum rules. I am sure swift and decisive action will be taken against those who (you claim) 'made-up this this statement and attributed it to Hitler'.

Just click on the exclamation mark in the top RH corner of the offending posts and retribution will be swift.
Last edited by Michael Kenny on 17 Jul 2015, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 17 Jul 2015, 16:37

antfreire wrote:
You have the right to your opinion. But not only I believe what I just wrote, but I insist that the Overlord operation was not necessarily to end the war in Europe, but it was very important to prevent the Red Army from taking the whole of Germany and perhaps even more.
So TORCH was to prevent the Soviets making a deal to cede ground to Germany and OVERLORD was to prevent the Soviets taking Europe from Germany?
Bit of a contradiction there.

kuba kowalski

Post by kuba kowalski » 17 Jul 2015, 16:43

Michael Kenny wrote:Possibly the same as 'this is my last territorial demand in Europe'?
Your usual response - dodging the question and giving a red herring...
In 1945 Poland survived and was compensated with a large chunk of Germany.
Try reading about the conferences that took place after the war to discuss post-war Eastern Europe re-organisation and the Soviet dominance of the Eastern Bloc.
That is Rich. A defender of Hitler complaining others 'did not keep their word'.
It was the British who failed to keep their word first, you seem to forget they had an alliance with Czechoslovakia and did not declare war on Germany when they occupied it.

Who said anything about Hitler not keeping his word? We're speaking about the British lacking in keeping their promises of alliance.

Stop the red herrings.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 17 Jul 2015, 16:46

kuba kowalski wrote:

Try reading about the conferences that took place after the war to discuss post-war Eastern Europe re-organisation and the Soviet dominance of the Eastern Bloc.
I just checked a few post war maps c 1950-60 and it Poland shows up on them all. Poland continued as a seperate country from 1945 to about 1 minute ago.
The only maps I could find that do not show a 'Poland' are German ones from 1940-mid 45.
Last edited by Michael Kenny on 17 Jul 2015, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

kuba kowalski

Post by kuba kowalski » 17 Jul 2015, 16:48

Michael Kenny wrote:All your questions have been answered in previous posts
See:

No they haven't, that is why so many people have asked you to provide evidence for your claims.
The reader can judge for themselves if it is my 'dishonesty' or your lack of understanding is the problem.
Michael, I'm sure the public are quite well aware that you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. :thumbsup:

kuba kowalski

Post by kuba kowalski » 17 Jul 2015, 16:51

Michael Kenny wrote:I just checked a few post war maps c 1950-60 and it Poland shows up on them all. Poland continued as a seperate country from 1945 to about 1 minute ago.
Straw man post.

Poland was part of the Eastern Bloc and was dominated by the Soviet communists until 1989.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 17 Jul 2015, 16:54

kuba kowalski wrote:

Poland was part of the Eastern Bloc and was dominated by the Soviet communists until 1989.
So now you admit there is a Poland on post WW2 Maps?

dshaday

Post by dshaday » 17 Jul 2015, 17:10

Michael
Michael Kenny wrote:
dshaday wrote:

All your questions have been answered in previous posts
See:

The onus is on you to present the relevant points to support your claim. When caught having no proof you simply point to 12 x generic threads and suggest that the proof is in there somewhere. This is not only rude but very unprofessional.

I have spent the time to read the original sources you posted and explained why they did not prove your point. All you had to do was cut and paste the points that show that Hitler "claimed the UK was a washed -up bankrupt country that could not even defend itself". This, of course, was not possible.

So no, you have not answered my request for proof in your previous posts. This is plain for all to see.

Dennis

kuba kowalski

Post by kuba kowalski » 17 Jul 2015, 17:15

Michael Kenny wrote:So now you admit there is a Poland on post WW2 Maps?
Straw man.

Michael, quote me where I said Poland did not exist on post WWII maps.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 17 Jul 2015, 17:16

It was the British who failed to keep their word first, you seem to forget they had an alliance with Czechoslovakia and did not declare war on Germany when they occupied it.
Yes it was a bit silly of Chamerlain to believe the liar who said 'this is my last territorial demand in Europe'.
To his credit Chamberlain now realised Hitler's word was worthless and this was why he took such a hard line with Poland. He refused to budge on that and thus disrupted Hitlers plan for a war after 1941.

Return to “What if”