Were Polish Red Army soldiers traitors?

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Piotr Kapuscinski.
PolAntek

Post by PolAntek » 18 Jul 2003, 06:06

oleg wrote:I've seen population camps reports how is that for a source?Because, you see, when they resettled someone, or whatever, thy have to count them, and then as they move them along they have to count them again and again on each intimidate station, and then finally when they arrived they have to count them again every damn day. So this is how I know. That is why my margin of error is 50 thousands while yours is 10 times this number.
So I suppose you have seen ALL of the camp reports, and added up the totals for yourself? And you have access to ALL of these documents, supposing that they still ALL exist? Sorry Oleg, but I remain somewhat skeptical.

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 18 Jul 2003, 07:19

PolAntek wrote:
oleg wrote:I've seen population camps reports how is that for a source?Because, you see, when they resettled someone, or whatever, thy have to count them, and then as they move them along they have to count them again and again on each intimidate station, and then finally when they arrived they have to count them again every damn day. So this is how I know. That is why my margin of error is 50 thousands while yours is 10 times this number.
So I suppose you have seen ALL of the camp reports, and added up the totals for yourself? And you have access to ALL of these documents, supposing that they still ALL exist? Sorry Oleg, but I remain somewhat skeptical.
I have access to ALL summuries which were sent to the head of respective departments -they have been a matter of public domain for quite a while now.
here for instance list of all echelones that went from 23.08.1944 to 20.12.1945
http://www.memo.ru/history/POLAcy/CAT_ESZJ.htm#_VPID_81

staff like this is just a mouse click away.
Last edited by Oleg Grigoryev on 18 Jul 2003, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 18 Jul 2003, 07:29

PolAntek wrote:
oleg wrote: P.S my native town was one of the main points for the Poles - it is located roaugly 200 km south of Moscow - I did not know it was Siberia.
So what? With a gun pointed to my head by some Soviet thugs and 15 minutes to pack up a restricted amount of belongings before being sent away never to see my home again - Oleg, it is irrelevant where the deportation of these innocent thousands were to - whether just across town or right across the continent.
it is relevent as far as hsitory goes.

Ogorek

Post by Ogorek » 18 Jul 2003, 17:15

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one hears it, did it make any noise?

Are these summaries broken down by supposed ethnicity?

Are there totals for people sent into internal exile in the "Soviet Republics" without being entered into the camp system as in later deportations?

And yes, we could always trust the NKVD, especially in their internal documents.... "CYA" has long existed.

Sorry, just another Polish Chauvanist wallowing in self-pity and whining.

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 18 Jul 2003, 17:23

Ogorek wrote:If a tree falls in the forest, and no one hears it, did it make any noise?

Are these summaries broken down by supposed ethnicity?

Are there totals for people sent into internal exile in the "Soviet Republics" without being entered into the camp system as in later deportations?

And yes, we could always trust the NKVD, especially in their internal documents.... "CYA" has long existed.

Sorry, just another Polish Chauvanist wallowing in self-pity and whining.
they are broken by operations - were opertaions agaisnt ethnic Poles in USSr prior to 1939, so my figure actully include these people as well. as for reability - general assumaption is peopel who run this kind of operation (camps, etc) need to know how many people they are dealing with.

wm

Re: Were Polish Red Army soldiers traitors?

Post by wm » 15 Apr 2022, 10:04

This one is easy. According to the laws of The Second Polish Republic, it was a crime (to serve in a foreign army without permission), and the offenders could have been denaturalized for that.

LAstry

Post by LAstry » 30 Apr 2022, 16:43

It was hard to ask permission of a goverment in exhile to fight in another country army..when you were a "guest" of the gulag....choice of either the gulag or fight....

wm

Post by wm » 30 Apr 2022, 18:56

Usually it wasn't the Gulag - they were deported but not imprisoned.
The lives of ordinary Soviet citizens weren't especially better. They lived in hell too.
And mortality (i.e., casualties) in the Army was many times higher than in exile.

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”