Patton was antisemitic and not well educated

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
JKindred

Re: Patton as military governor of Germany

Post by JKindred » 07 Jun 2011, 16:14

bolchevik wrote:He was not well educated : even when he was old he kept on talking like a stupid teenager saying son of bitch and words like this all the time... He learned to write and read very late... His family came from the South: all men from his father family fought as confederates. He was the first of his family to be born in California. He came from the South sorry despite the fact he was born in Cali ! And he kept a south mentality all his life.
I would say it is hard to claim someone is ill educated when your comments about the southern United States reflect that your own education is sorely lacking for factual information regarding this subject.
Books: The original search engine.

Interested in original M1918 BAR and M1917A1 BMG related items.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Re: Patton was antisemitic and not well educated

Post by David Thompson » 07 Jun 2011, 20:02

An off-topic post from bolchevik, which added nothing of informational value to the discussion, was deleted by this moderator - DT.

LWD

Post by LWD » 07 Jun 2011, 20:15

There's also the question of how often he said it and in what company. Obvioulsy he didn't say it all the time so when and how often did he say it?

Doing a little online research it appears that he was far more creative, at least when talking to the troops, than to simply use "son of a bitch" all that much. Indeed in his third army speach he seems to have used much embroidered versions of it more of then than the simple version of the above. He was also not above using it to describe himself. At least one page mentions that even in private conversation he made liberal use of profanity but I've not seen much as to his speaches or converstations in non military settings.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 07 Jun 2011, 20:31

Another no-content post from bolchevik was removed, along with a now unnecessary response - DT.

bolchevik
Banned

Post by bolchevik » 07 Jun 2011, 20:58

JKindred wrote:
bolchevik wrote:He was not well educated : even when he was old he kept on talking like a stupid teenager saying son of bitch and words like this all the time... He learned to write and read very late... His family came from the South: all men from his father family fought as confederates. He was the first of his family to be born in California. He came from the South sorry despite the fact he was born in Cali ! And he kept a south mentality all his life.
I would say it is hard to claim someone is ill educated when your comments about the southern United States reflect that your own education is sorely lacking for factual information regarding this subject.
What do you mean ?

HFK

Post by HFK » 08 Jun 2011, 04:13

Hello nobodyofnote,
The fact that Gen Patton and Gen Walter Smith may have had an ongoing disagreement, which I have not heard about before, has nothing to do with the subject under discussion.
Regards, Harry

JKindred

Post by JKindred » 08 Jun 2011, 15:53

bolchevik wrote:
JKindred wrote:
What do you mean ?
Figure it out yourself since you seem to be so well educated.
Books: The original search engine.

Interested in original M1918 BAR and M1917A1 BMG related items.

Michael Kenny

Post by Michael Kenny » 08 Jun 2011, 16:08

Have you seen Deliverance? kids with 4 hands playing the bajo!

bolchevik
Banned

Post by bolchevik » 08 Jun 2011, 16:33

JKindred wrote:Figure it out yourself since you seem to be so well educated.
You are free to think whatever you want about me and my level of education ; but the subject here is Patton, not me :P

LWD

Post by LWD » 08 Jun 2011, 17:52

Actually the subject is your contention that Patton was "antisemitic and not well educated". Todate you have not only not provided any factual support for your contentions the latter has been proven wrong. Thus your posts amount to nothing more than opion and the lack of fact an logic in them suggest that they are worth less than we paid for them.

bolchevik
Banned

Post by bolchevik » 08 Jun 2011, 17:56

For his antisemitism you can check his Patton papers... For his poor educational level you can check all his words worldwide known, particularly the expression "son of bitch" he loved so much.

LWD

Post by LWD » 08 Jun 2011, 18:07

bolchevik wrote:For his antisemitism you can check his Patton papers...
You have been asked for a source. By the standards of this board "check the Patton papers" doesn't qualify.
For his poor educational level you can check all his words worldwide known, particularly the expression "son of bitch" he loved so much.
Which has nothing at all to do with education level. Indeed if you read much about Patton you will find that he deliberately used profanity when dealing with troops to make it easier for them to remember what he said. Thus implying rather the opposite of what you state.

bolchevik
Banned

Post by bolchevik » 08 Jun 2011, 18:20

LWD wrote: You have been asked for a source. By the standards of this board "check the Patton papers" doesn't qualify.
The Patton papers is a book edited by Martin Blumenson containing letters of Patton and diary of him ! I hope you knew it...
Which has nothing at all to do with education level. Indeed if you read much about Patton you will find that he deliberately used profanity when dealing with troops to make it easier for them to remember what he said. Thus implying rather the opposite of what you state.
Cause it is well know that soldiers love to be talked in this kind of terms : son of bitch... :lol:

LWD

Post by LWD » 08 Jun 2011, 18:39

bolchevik wrote:
LWD wrote: You have been asked for a source. By the standards of this board "check the Patton papers" doesn't qualify.
The Patton papers is a book edited by Martin Blumenson containing letters of Patton and diary of him ! I hope you knew it...
I suggest you take a look at the FAQ's and see what is considered a proper source on these boards. Refering to an entire book or series of them is "shotgun sourcing" and not considered adequate.
Cause it is well know that soldiers love to be talked in this kind of terms : son of bitch... :lol:[/quote]
It now apears that :lol: is your way of saying I'm wrong but won't admit it. Guess that's why you use it so much.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 08 Jun 2011, 19:24

A nonsense post by bolchevik was removed.

/Marcus

Return to “USA 1919-1945”