Stalemate from the Air

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
u01rbr7

Stalemate from the Air

Post by u01rbr7 » 29 Mar 2014, 08:45

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here but I have always found this website to be a great resource for really delving into the history of the period. So thanks for making that possible, everyone!

The reason I'm posting is that I once found an excellent galleries/slideshow of carrier reconnaissance of the pre invasion aerial bombardment, amphibious landing, and land campaign of the battle of Peleliu. This was online but I can no longer find it. The photos offered a detail of the battle that was truly remarkable. For example I remember one showing Marines behind a tank as it advances across the coral surface of the island. All in startling detail

Anyway, I can no longer find it but I was hoping someone on this forum might be able to help me. Indeed, I would be happy with any galleries of Carrier Reconnaissance photos showing a campaign from start to finish.

Thank-you, and any help, however small, would be greatly appreciated!

Carl Schwamberger
Host - Allied sections

Re: Stalemate from the Air

Post by Carl Schwamberger » 27 Apr 2014, 03:35

Nothing I've bookmarked has anything like that. Sorry. Do you remember anything at all about the name of the web site?

Return to “USA 1919-1945”