teenaged punk purposely ruins a named purple heart medal

Discussions on all aspects of the United States of America during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Carl Schwamberger.
scruffy

teenaged punk purposely ruins a named purple heart medal

Post by scruffy » 25 Jul 2014, 02:31

a dumb punk purposely ruins a named WW2 purple heart medal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-QytCaEYeg

LineDoggie

Re: teenaged punk purposely ruins a named purple heart meda

Post by LineDoggie » 25 Jul 2014, 07:54

he needs some E-Tool Counseling from an Old Non-Com
"There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here".
Col. George Taylor, 16th Infantry Regiment, Omaha Beach

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 25 Jul 2014, 12:10

Pointless, worthless, self indulgent, ignorant......., but above all a desperately sad individual filled with self-loathing who can only vent his spleen on the long dead.

And I thought my life was pretty pathetic!

It is reassuring that I still have much further to sink!

Sid.

Luftman129

Post by Luftman129 » 25 Jul 2014, 18:07

Well, that steams my goat. As a grandson of a WW2 vet, I'm proud of my grandfather's service. It's sad that the youth of today don't think much of their parents' or grandparents' service.

Thanks,
Chris

wm

Post by wm » 26 Jul 2014, 12:45

He's not that young. But he's got so much counseling from others he had to disappear from YouTube.

wenty

Post by wenty » 27 Jul 2014, 08:50

Not suprised. Here it is quite a common occurrence for headstones, war memorials, etc to be desecrated. Somebody spray painted a swastika on my local war memorial a while ago.

Thankfully these "people" represent only a very small percentage of an otherwise grateful population, and I am entirely for proposals to strengthen the penalties imposed for such acts.

Cheers,
Adam.

tyskaorden

Post by tyskaorden » 27 Jul 2014, 11:30

wenty wrote:Not suprised. Here it is quite a common occurrence for headstones, war memorials, etc to be desecrated. Somebody spray painted a swastika on my local war memorial a while ago.

Thankfully these "people" represent only a very small percentage of an otherwise grateful population, and I am entirely for proposals to strengthen the penalties imposed for such acts.

Cheers,
Adam.
A bit OT, but Russia did acctualy just that a while ago. That is strengthend laws about the desecration of War memorials. But at the same time they made it illegal to write anything critical about the conduct of the War by the Sovietunion.

wenty

Post by wenty » 29 Jul 2014, 01:44

Hi Tysk,

Obviously I wouldn't agree with the second part of that, but definitely it is a good idea to have tougher penalties for the desecration of war memorials, graves, shrines, etc etc along that same line. It is the only language that will speak to individuals like these - slaps across the wrist and "don't you understand the importance of these?" speeches just don't work.

Cheers,
Adam.

Return to “USA 1919-1945”