Looking for some speeches from Neville Chamberlain

Discussions on all aspects of the The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth during the Inter-War era and Second World War. Hosted by Andy H
harry6116

Looking for some speeches from Neville Chamberlain

Post by harry6116 » 15 Apr 2014, 12:30

hey all,
I started listening to Neville Chamberlain's resignation speech but the copy I have is missing a segment where he says "fight and work until this wild beast that has sprung out of his lair upon us"
does anyone have this speech?
I also have a 32nd clip from Chamberlains speech to the house of commons on 15th of March 1939 regarding hitler's annexation of Czechoslovakia, is there a longer version?
i don't like clips and i always try to get the full version of the speech or broadcast if possible.
I have Chamberlains speeches from September 1938 and September 1939 but if you know of any others that are floating around out there I would be grateful for any information.
I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the Internet in general because it is becoming so hard to find broadcasts particularly non English broadcast websites that I can listen to to.
How do English speakers look for foreign broadcast websites that may have archived audio from the war years?
i will end my rant on google now but i know it is something that I am doing wrong.
thanks for any help

Michael

Return to “The United Kingdom & its Empire and Commonwealth 1919-45”