1) TIGER GROUP (1)
Brigadier RW Moncel 4CAB Commanding
2) II Cdn Corps, 4CAD, 4CAB
3) 25 Feb 45
4) 27 Feb 45
5) Consisted of five (5) battle groups- Jerry Force
and Snuff Force
= British Columbia Regt (BCR) minus a Sqn, Lincoln and Welland Regt (L&W R) minus a Coy, Canadian Grenadier Guards (CGG) minus a Sqn, Argyl and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (A&SH of C) minus a Coy, Cole Force
and Jock Force
= BCR Sqn, L&W Coy, CGG Sqn, and A&SH of C Coy, , and Smith Force
= Governor General's Foot Guards (GGFG) and Lake Superior Regiment (Motor) (LSR(Mot)). Also supporting Arms (unkn Identities).
6) Sherman III, Sherman Vc, Ram Kangaroo APCs, Bren Carriers, various other spt vehs and equipt.
7) As part of Operation "BLOCKBUSTER", II Corps entry in Germany, Jerry and Snuff Forces led the initial assault. Cole and Jock Forces followed up and re-inforced, and Smith Force pushed to three pimples NE of town of Udem (Pauls-berg, Katzen-berg and the other un-named. By 26 Feb 45, Smith Force was in Todtenhugel.
8.) -The Royal Candian Armoured Corps- An Illustrated History John Marteinson/Michael McNorgan. 2000. The RCAC Association.
- Canadian Military History in Perspective Pt 44 by Terry Copp, Legion Magazine, Jan/Feb 2003 edition.
- Cinderella Army: The Canadians in Northwest Europe, 1944-1945 by Terry Copp, University of Toronto Press, 2003 and 2007.