Philippine generals during the war

Discussions on the Allies and the Neutral States in general and the countries that does not have sections of their own.
HFK

Post by HFK » 05 Oct 2007, 01:45

Baron, Thank you for the information I requested on dates of birth and death. HFK

megjw

Re:

Post by megjw » 12 Sep 2008, 03:50

Lornito Uriarte Mahinay Jr. wrote:Philippine Generals promoted late December 1945:

Brigadier General Macario Peralta Jr.
Brigadier General Rafael Jalandoni
Hi , I fyou want a portrait of Gen. Jalandoni I can send you one =)

megjw

Re:

Post by megjw » 12 Sep 2008, 03:53

Steen Ammentorp wrote:Hi Baron,

Excellent information - thank you very much. I am just wondering whether your list covers all the Philippine generals of WW2. The number 12 seems very low to me, especially when you list even include a number of retired generals who only played a political role. What about Major-General Rafael Jalandoni, who suceeded Major-General Basilio J Valdez as CGS/CinC of the Philippine Army on 21st December 1945, did he reach a generals rank during the war. Otherwise he would have seen a rapid promotion just after the war.

Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War II
Hi Steen

Maj. Gen. Rafael Jalandoni is my moms grandfather. He was considered as the first Chief of staff in the Armed Forces here in the philippines.

~ mEg

GFrancisco

Re: PHILIPPINE GENERALS DURING THE WAR

Post by GFrancisco » 04 Feb 2015, 00:42

I just saw this site. Gen Guillermo B Francisco was my grandfather. What information did you need?

Steen Ammentorp

Post by Steen Ammentorp » 11 Feb 2015, 11:22

Hi,

I would indeed be interested in information on your grandfather General Guillermo B Francisco. I am looking for any information on his career in the Philippine Constabulary and Army and a date of death would be nice.
Kind Regards
Steen Ammentorp
The Generals of World War Two

dmiranda

Post by dmiranda » 18 Mar 2015, 18:46

I am looking for any information pertaining Brig. Gen. Blas E. Miranda. Internet searches have not given me much to go on.

Return to “The Allies and the Neutral States in general”