Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

South American allies & Mexico...

Discussions on the Allies and the Neutral States in general and the countries that does not have sections of their own.

South American allies & Mexico...

Postby PanzerKing on 13 Mar 2003 00:18

There were numerous South American allies that joined at the tail end of the war....what did they do or contribute? What about Mexico...I know they had a squadron of fighters in the Pacific...but what about beside that?
PanzerKing
United States

Late war declarations

Postby Ken McCanliss on 16 Mar 2003 03:44

Many Latin American nations declared war on the Axis late in the war so as to qualify as charter members of the soon-to-be United Nations organization.

Brazil did send a token force to Italy - one of the few which actually sent troops to fight.
Ken McCanliss
United States

Postby Zachary on 19 Mar 2003 02:31

Some contributed raw materials like rubber. I know Brazil did that. Maybe ironworks things like that to some extent.
Zachary
United States

Postby Redbaron1908 on 13 Apr 2003 22:05

If I am not wrong Mexico provided manpower for the war effort to the United States under the Bracero program. I can remember about German pirsoners of war seeing the Mexican workers in the field.
Redbaron1908
United States

Return to The Allies and the Neutral States in general