World War 2 Dutch infantry uniforms

Discussions on the Allies and the Neutral States in general and the countries that does not have sections of their own.
ThomasJ.

World War 2 Dutch infantry uniforms

Post by ThomasJ. » 15 Feb 2015, 23:54

Hello,

I am wanting to model in 1/35 scale the Dutch army in 1940 and have been looking online for images of Dutch infantry. I have found many b&w photos, but was hoping someone knew of a source of a color photos front and back of the uniform and equipment? Since there are no model companies who produce WW2 Dutch figures I am looking at possibly using early war German figures as the base of my conversions, just need a little more detailed info.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide. 8-)

BramvanS

Re: World War 2 Dutch infantry uniforms

Post by BramvanS » 16 Feb 2015, 08:11

Hi Thomas,

You could have a look at this website that is about a reenactment event to be held this year. It deals about the battles at Ypenburg near Den Haag. This website contains photos of reenactors wearing Dutch uniforms. Especially the one with the armoured vehicle (the only armoured vehicles of the Dutch army in 1940) might be interesting.

http://meidagen.historischypenburg.nl/

Or do a google search with the following keywords "uniform nederlands leger 1940". You will find lots of pictures.

Bram

ThomasJ.

Re: World War 2 Dutch infantry uniforms

Post by ThomasJ. » 16 Feb 2015, 21:50

Gotcha, thanks Bram .

Return to “The Allies and the Neutral States in general”