For sale Stahlrute Sicherheitspolizei

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
timkoningskelp

For sale Stahlrute Sicherheitspolizei

Post by timkoningskelp » 22 Mar 2015, 15:45

For sale: German SIPO Stahlrute (police baton). This item has been authenticated on this forum, see http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=212579.

The Stahlrute was used by the German Sicherheitspolizei during WW2. The item was obtained during the war by a member of the Dutch resistancegroup ‘De Witte’ and has been in the family of a collegue of mine ever since. His family is now looking to sell the item, since they have no use for it.
The Stahlrute of this exact model and make was produced from 1936 to 1939. In 1939 the Sichterheitspolizei was merged with the SD (Sicherheitsdienst) and became part of the RSHA (Reichssicherheitshauptambt). It is unclear if any Stahlruten of this exact make and model were produced after this date, but it is certain existing examples were used until the last days of the war.

My collegue is asking € 450,-. Condition of the item is near mint. The leather strap may of may not be original, I don’t know. The item itself is original. The askingprice is based on the advise given on this forum. Similar items are for sale on the internet for $ 1000,- or more, so I think my price is resonable.

I can take more pictures if needed. Shipping with insurance worldwide, but it’s also possible to inspect the item in person (in the Netherlands).

timkoningskelp

Re: For sale Stahlrute Sicherheitspolizei

Post by timkoningskelp » 28 Mar 2015, 11:59

Item sold. Thank you.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”