Wanted: Glantz Atlas & Operational Summary Border Battles

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
Gotzingen

Wanted: Glantz Atlas & Operational Summary Border Battles

Post by Gotzingen » 23 Oct 2014, 14:51

If anyone has a copy of David Glantz's "Atlas and Operational Summary of the Border Battles, 22 June-1 July 1941" to sell, please PM me. Thanks.

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Re: Wanted: Glantz Atlas & Operational Summary Border Battle

Post by Jeff Leach » 24 Oct 2014, 10:25

I have emailed Mr Glantz about http://www.glantzbooks.com/ and will post again when I recieve a reply.

I do have a copy, the only Atlas I have, and it is quite a big and heavy item. The redrawn maps are really nice but technology has advanced so far that the copies maps should really be replaced with better copies. Sorry I do not want to sell it.

Gotzingen

Post by Gotzingen » 24 Oct 2014, 11:08

Thanks. I've emailed Mr. Glantz. In your opinion, are the maps good quality (clear lines and annotations)? I read a lot of criticism by book reviewers about the poor quality and quantity of maps in what are otherwise very good books, Glantz' included.

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Post by Jeff Leach » 25 Oct 2014, 07:53

The volume is made up of three types of maps: redrawn (very-good), Soviet (better than most on the interest), and captured German Maps (i.e. NARA material and they are crap compared to the quality of the maps on the NARA rolls). I don't have it in front of me but my Goldfish Memory seem to think they are about 30% each.

Are they worth it? Buy one and you decide. Depending on what Mr. Glantz replies to my mail, I may ask what it would cost for a complete set. They contain material not found collected anywhere else.

If I had so sum it up say, "expensive and for the serious student."

I have recently posted a few map volumes in the archive section. Check Free NARA Rolls (Oct 2104) and Free NARA Rolls (23 Oct 2014) there are 157 rolls and quite a number contain quailty maps in them. T312 R367 (AOK 11), T312 R672 (AOK 17) and T313 R22 (1 PzG) all contain quailty maps concerning the Border Battle of Army Group South in them.

Gotzingen

Post by Gotzingen » 25 Oct 2014, 13:51

That's a terrific resource, many thanks for putting in the work and sharing it.

The USPS wants to charge almost the same amount to ship Glantz's atlas (about 5 lbs weight) from the US to Europe as it costs to buy the book. Shame. Whatever happened to surface mail??!!

ViKinG

Post by ViKinG » 14 Nov 2014, 11:59

I recently bought 6 atlases from David Glantz. Amazing material to say the least. In my opinion well worth the money.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”