3rd reich collection for sale

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
William Kramer
Host - Militaria sections

Re: 3rd reich collection for sale

Post by William Kramer » 24 Dec 2014, 22:05

I have no real issues with the ribbon bar but the bayonet is bad for sure.

William Kramer

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 25 Dec 2014, 00:34

Sorry William, the Zoll Medal (which is what I meant to type) was discussed over on WAF and is a known fake apparently. The ribbon bar has wrong precedence KVKmS after Hindenburg and 1st October medal before the long service ribbon. :?

Ian

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 25 Dec 2014, 20:09

How about these 2 as shown.Strange details
Attachments
po1.jpg
po1.jpg (97.99 KiB) Viewed 917 times

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 25 Dec 2014, 20:10

Attachments
schnel11.jpg
schnel11.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 917 times

germanmedals

Post by germanmedals » 25 Dec 2014, 23:48

Well as you are such an expert,...i already got an offer on Zoll medal of 200 eur and i turned it down, 10 other collectors wrote me about selling only the ribbonbar from the tunic which which i didnt want to sell and the bajonet is original with new ingraving of which all collectors know. I see that you realy have many knowledge in your 2362 posts but as it seems not from 3rd reich items.

PS: not all of ribbonbars were constructed by the regulations. Sboot 1st model has a repaired swastika and it comes with the expertise. All aditional info for separate item is alwasy provided to the ones who are interested in them. Nothing is being sold under false intense and each item is priced acordingly to the condition or what is representing. I noticed now that i wrote 100% original (original items, but some with alternations, which are always described: Wehrmacht helmet is original but with renewed decal an inside - also priced acordingly to 300 eur)

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 26 Dec 2014, 00:38

Ok, I undestand, the SBoot-EBoat--1st version is a repaired job?I am just here to learn ...the badge seemd like one from http://www.landser.com/Eboat.aspx
The 2 I am asking about seems very lacking in detail, and I am not asking about normal wear and tear over 75 years.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 26 Dec 2014, 00:45

Hello, and Happy Festivus, somehow your posting under the ingraved bayonet must not show up on my screen as I cannot see where you typed in the fact that the blade is with new,nonsense ingraving as you just posted as rebuttal to Ian, 12-25-2014 4:48pm.Let me go back to page #1 and see if I missed the *New inscribed* disclaimer in your initial posting.Thank you.

germanmedals

Post by germanmedals » 26 Dec 2014, 09:10

First of all, i posted only the front pictures and untill now, nobody wanted to see detailed pictures or even back pictures. You just presume that there must be something wrong. This items are not for each collector as 90% of you are mostly surfing the web or trashing the posts with nonsence comments with no ground facts. I wanted to see if there are any potential buyers on this forum and as this month is a open free posting i gave it a try. As i dont have time to put full description and all the pictures, this is what you get, but i'm fully open to discuss on private matter with potential buyers to whoom i describe all the facts and you are free to open a discussion on each item yourseldf and post here a link if something comes out wrong. Items which I know that they were moderated (renewed, repaired,...) i dont try to hide it. You can bull???? with "known fakes" what you want, but most of this items rarely come avaleable on the market, so spare me with this stupid comments. Open an discussion, based on facts and then we can talk. Untill then, who gives a damn what your opinion is specialy if all you do is "IT's a FAKE". Well i'm used of such thing cause everybody who has 5 min of spare time, does so. I'm not saying that I know everything, but I dont even trash around others items with no solid ground facts. I've been collecting TR for 10 years, most of my items were presented on many other collecting forums, some have gathered mixed comments but based on what i have seen and inspected myself, I am confident that they are OK.

PS: I'm not asking 2000 EUR for enagraved SS bajonet if maybe someone is afraid that I'm trying to shove it to someone from the back.

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Post by Jeff Leach » 26 Dec 2014, 09:47

Could you post a picture of the back of the Kuban Shield and a close up of the eagle head and pebeling around the swastika.

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 26 Dec 2014, 13:11

germanmedals wrote:Well as you are such an expert,...i already got an offer on Zoll medal of 200 eur and i turned it down, 10 other collectors wrote me about selling only the ribbonbar from the tunic which which i didnt want to sell and the bajonet is original with new ingraving of which all collectors know. I see that you realy have many knowledge in your 2362 posts but as it seems not from 3rd reich items.
The bayonet is one of many ruined by a British company who engraved them to 'elite' units. The Zoll medal is identical to one discussed on WAF ... from the poor photograph I thought it stood a chance but was corrected .. http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... p?t=776557 (you'll note there is a photograph of my 100% original piece) There are questions about several other items BUT they need an expert to comment on proper photographs.

Oh and if you wish to turn this into a slanging match your advert won't last long as we are far more civilised here than most forums. :roll: Medals are NOT my main area of knowledge but IS my area of collecting ... I don't profess to be an 'expert' on anything.

Ian

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 26 Dec 2014, 13:49

Ian Hulley wrote:
germanmedals wrote:Well as you are such an expert,...i already got an offer on Zoll medal of 200 eur and i turned it down, 10 other collectors wrote me about selling only the ribbonbar from the tunic which which i didnt want to sell and the bajonet is original with new ingraving of which all collectors know. I see that you realy have many knowledge in your 2362 posts but as it seems not from 3rd reich items.
The bayonet is one of many ruined by a British company who engraved them to 'elite' units. The Zoll medal is identical to one discussed on WAF ... from the poor photograph I thought it stood a chance but was corrected .. http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... p?t=776557 (you'll note there is a photograph of my 100% original piece) There are questions about several other items BUT they need an expert to comment on proper photographs.

Oh and if you wish to turn this into a slanging match your advert won't last long as we are far more civilised here than most forums. :roll: Medals are NOT my main area of knowledge but IS my area of collecting ... I don't profess to be an 'expert' on anything.

Ian
Ian is absolutely correct (as is William, Mark, and the others).... many "highly questionable items" in the mix.... but they need to be discussed where appropriate, not in this section.... being rude and obtusive won't change the reality of your items.... good or bad... so remain civil please.

No one knows everything.... including me... but I do have 57 years of collecting under my belt....
John G.

germanmedals

Post by germanmedals » 26 Dec 2014, 17:52

The discussed Zoll badge in the link is completely different from mine. Mine is almost identical to the one you posted as original for comparisson.

I completely agree that from the pictures some of the items could be questionable, that's why you first ask for detailed pictures and not just pick up the first stone and throw it (and selling area is not a place to discuss).

Again about the bajonet,...this originaly is about a 100 eur item, so there is no much dammage if there is an engravment. Wrong it would be to sell it as original SS bajo for 500 eur or more.

PS: If you want close pictures, send me a PM with your email or open a discussion thread and send me the link. I wont post here in this thread.

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 26 Dec 2014, 19:26

germanmedals wrote:The discussed Zoll badge in the link is completely different from mine. Mine is almost identical to the one you posted as original for comparisson. PS: If you want close pictures, send me a PM with your email or open a discussion thread and send me the link. I wont post here in this thread.
Please post clear photos of the Zoll Service Cross in the Axis Awards Forum on this thread I created for you ... http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=212289

Cheers, Ian.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 27 Dec 2014, 05:11

May I suggest this thread be Locked,as I feel nothing will or can be gained by reparte back and forth.To post pics, or not to post pics, etc??

IMo a fake is a fake, regardless of the amount of *detailed* pics posted. Or lack of descriptions,etc.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 27 Dec 2014, 05:17

As for the bayo, yeah,a messed with blade, these have fooled or scammed many clueless collectors for along time now.
There is a knife gy here in Cleveland who makes hand made knives,bowie/short blades, buck knives.. and he is now acid etching mottos.fake *Nazi* and CSA logos, sayings onto his handiwork. I have watched him first hand in his shop and he is teaching me the tricks of acid etching.
LIke all these BS wine glasses, goblets with German Adlers, ala Snyders Treasures/WAF sections/GDF members postinf as real, I can do those now,LOL!!!!!

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”