1941 Special Tornister Edition of Mein Kampf

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
gfgraham

1941 Special Tornister Edition of Mein Kampf

Post by gfgraham » 12 Jun 2015, 02:26

I am selling a 1941 'Tornister' edition of Mein Kampf. Tornisters were small, unabridged editions intended for distribution to German soldiers. The version I possess, however, is unlike anything I have ever seen. It was a special printing for Adolf Wagner, Gauleiter of Gau München-Oberbayern. This particular edition was intended for distribution as a Christmas present for wounded soldiers who were recovering in Munich.

There is a pre-printed inscription written in the difficult-to-read Suetterlin script. In German, it says....

Mein Kamerad!

Du bist Soldat von Hitlers.
Du hast im Krieg um Deutschlands
Zukunft Dein Blut gegeben.
Dafür dankt Dir die Nation.

Kamerad! Nach Deiner Verwun-
dung hast Du in meiner Gau
Pflege und Gesundung gefun-
den. Nimm als Andenken an
dieser Zeit von mir das Buch
des Führers. Möge es Dich in
eine glückliche Zukunft begleiten.

Heil Hitler!
Dein Adolf Wagner
Gauleiter

München, Weihnacht 1941

A couple of things make this item interesting. First, it is a special printing intended for distribution to soldiers in a limited area and at a very specific time. Second, it was authorized by Adolf Wagner, a Gauleiter and very good friend of Hitler's. Third, it is one of the last things to bear Wagner's name, since he had a debilitating stroke in 1942. This stroke removed him from active political affairs, and ultimately killed him in 1944.

I have seen many editions of Mein Kampf, but I have never seen anything like this before. It may well be a one of a kind. I do not know this for certain, however.

The binding on the book is very good, with some staining on the back cover. This does not affect the condition of the binding, however.

A dealer in WWII militaria has appraised this unique piece of militaria with a value of US$600 "for the right collector." My wife and I are moving soon and I don't really have the time or inclination to search for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Therefore, I am prepared to sell this item for US$250. (Open to negotiation.) I will ship anywhere in the world, using the least-expensive method that also requires a signature. Shipping is included in the price above.

mlongmire

Re: 1941 Special Tornister Edition of Mein Kampf

Post by mlongmire » 11 Mar 2016, 15:18

Interesting - I have the same without inscription but printed 1940.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”