FOR SALE: 1941 Architectural Drawings Lt. Kzr. Nurnberg

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
HerrStern

FOR SALE: 1941 Architectural Drawings Lt. Kzr. Nurnberg

Post by HerrStern » 29 Dec 2015, 21:47

These I know the story of well because my grandfather told me many times. These are architectural drawings of the Light Cruiser Nurnberg.

Published by my families publishing company Loef's Verlag.

The LC Nurnberg was launched in 1934 and was designed from 1928 to 1932, when construction began. Because of the Treaty of Versailles the German Government was not allowed to design or build naval vessels of this type. They covertly did the drawings saying that they were only for ship's models or for commercial seafaring vessels. Only in 1941 did they add the Nazi Flag and reprint these to distribute essentially as propaganda to assure the people of Germany that they had been adequately preparing for the Third Reich for some time.

These are original 1941 prints done by my grandfather's auxiliary print shop in Darmstadt

They are beautifully framed with acid free paper backing and uv filtering glass. Sorry for all the glare and the reflections of me with the camera.

price: $1500
lcn0.jpg
lcn1.jpg
lcn2.jpg
lcn3.jpg

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”