For sale: Mauser Parabellum metal poster

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
K-9

For sale: Mauser Parabellum metal poster

Post by K-9 » 03 Jan 2016, 10:19

Hello and Happy New Year,

I hope I do not brake any rules by posting this ad here.
Long story short, over the last year I have been slowly honing my skills at (chemical) metal engraving as a hobby (started out as a small project I've been helping a friend with) and as a way of combining my interest in both art and weapons and historical military items.
I think and hope that my skill have gotten to a decent level and I can finally show off some of my results. Therefore I submit here for sale one of my recent completed engravings.

It's a fantasy (not original) rendition in metal of a romanticized Mauser C96 poster. In my humble opinion the poster can be interpreted in more than one way thanks to the word "parabellum" and its meaning and origin, meaning that it could also be seen as a advert for Parabellum ammunition and pistols, but also as a warning and word of caution - "If you want peace, prepare for war".

The poster itself is done by acid (nitric acid) etching of a 5mm plaque (because of the etching the actual was reduced to 3,2mm in the lower areas and 4mm in the high areas). The size of it is 58,8 X 38 cm

The pattern/drawing was achieved by using an enamel paint mask with the actual drawing on the plate prior to being submerged in nitric acid. The paint mask was drawn with the help of a vinyl template, cut from the original drawing made by me.
The drawing itself it raised over the "plain" background of the poster.
Anyway, the metal plate is wire brush polished and covered with a protective lacquer layer.

The price is $421 and it includes the shipping both to Europe and USA.
The poster can also be found on Etsy.

Also, if you have other designs in mind feel free to drop me a line and talk about it.

Contact: here on the forum or on the e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks and best regards,

Back of the poster:

Details:

HerrStern

Re: For sale: Mauser Parabellum metal poster

Post by HerrStern » 03 Jan 2016, 18:50

FYI when I try to view your poster it gives me this.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (27.56 KiB) Viewed 591 times
It may just be me or my ISP but just wanted to let you know in case it was more widespread.

Thumbs look incredible though!

K-9

Post by K-9 » 03 Jan 2016, 20:35

It could be the ISP since i have used this hosting service on other occasions and nobody complained - however, thanks for letting me know.
I am curious if other people experience this problem.

Here are some lower res versions (as to be allowed by this forum's upload feature) of the photos :
Attachments
d.jpg
c.jpg
b.jpg
a.jpg

Tom32

Post by Tom32 » 03 Jan 2016, 21:46

...it was working before also :wink:

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”