German Rail road 1939 / 45

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
bigdave

German Rail road 1939 / 45

Post by bigdave » 28 Jan 2014, 20:01

Hi all have just join your group I am building a HO scale model railway of the German rail road 1939 / 45. It will not based on any real site. My aim is to have lots of cameos round the layout the size will be round the walls of the train room 12 x 12 . There will be a marshaling yard for the loading of tanks on to low loads. Goods trains and much more . Now were I need your help is on the goods side of things for now I have been looking for any info on what was used for the moving of petrol and so far not found anything of help I have a fleet of petrol wagons kits to builb and am looking for any help anyone may have on them as to what was used color and marking ect hoping to hear from you soon .
Best Regards Dave

KHeitmann

Re: German Rail road 1939 / 45

Post by KHeitmann » 20 Mar 2014, 21:24

bigdave wrote:Hi all have just join your group I am building a HO scale model railway of the German rail road 1939 / 45. It will not based on any real site. My aim is to have lots of cameos round the layout the size will be round the walls of the train room 12 x 12 . There will be a marshaling yard for the loading of tanks on to low loads. Goods trains and much more . Now were I need your help is on the goods side of things for now I have been looking for any info on what was used for the moving of petrol and so far not found anything of help I have a fleet of petrol wagons kits to builb and am looking for any help anyone may have on them as to what was used color and marking ect hoping to hear from you soon .
Best Regards Dave

I can't help you much, but you may just want to check out the following website that does their WWII modeling in 1/6 and 1/30 scale. They have built a number of locomotives, rolling stock and railguns for use in the outdoor photo sessions in the UK.

Kampfgruppe von Abt

It may provide you with some inspiration, if you have never been there before.

I did a bit of poking around and found this on eBay

German WII HO Model Trains

REI Military
If your sword is too short, take one step forward. - Japanese proverb

Return to “Model building”