1/35 Spanish sFH 18

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Stabsveterinar

1/35 Spanish sFH 18

Post by Stabsveterinar » 09 Apr 2014, 23:34

Hi all, Dragon 1/35 schwere Feldhaubitze 18 and gunners. 4th (Heavy) Group, 250 (Spanish) Artillery Regiment

Wheels scratch built. Hope you like it.

chumpo

Re: 1/35 Spanish sFH 18

Post by chumpo » 11 Apr 2014, 02:33

Mighty substantial wheels , it seems like it would take two to ever change it . Pretty darn good sir .

KHeitmann

Post by KHeitmann » 11 Apr 2014, 08:16

Very nice. I like the fact that you chose a relatively lesser-known Spanish volunteer (Freiwillige) unit on the eastern front for the crew as your subject.

División Azul: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Division
If your sword is too short, take one step forward. - Japanese proverb

Stabsveterinar

Post by Stabsveterinar » 11 Apr 2014, 08:33

chumpo wrote:Mighty substantial wheels , it seems like it would take two to ever change it . Pretty darn good sir .
Thank you chumbo, in fact the wheels are the model ones pierced, putty applied, sanded and with two thin plasticard coats on the exterior side. They took a lot of work, but I needed the proper wheels for a horse-drawn howitzer, as the model was equipped with wheels for motorized units!

Stabsveterinar

Post by Stabsveterinar » 11 Apr 2014, 08:39

KHeitmann wrote:Very nice. I like the fact that you chose a relatively lesser-known Spanish volunteer (Freiwillige) unit on the eastern front for the crew as your subject.

División Azul: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Division
Thank you KHeitmann, in fact, my father served as Stabsveterinär (Veterinary Captain) in the III (Light) Artillery Group between July 1941 and April, 1943!

KHeitmann

Post by KHeitmann » 11 Apr 2014, 12:37

That is interesting. I noted that you lived in Spain from the flag under your username, so it was obvious why you chose the Spanish unit as your subject.

For your next diorama, you should consider doing a scene with some horses and a veterinary officer as a tribute for your father's sake! :)

A quick Google search showed that there are sources for 1/35 scale horse figures out there.

Stabsveterinar

Post by Stabsveterinar » 12 Apr 2014, 12:25

KHeitmann wrote:That is interesting. I noted that you lived in Spain from the flag under your username, so it was obvious why you chose the Spanish unit as your subject.

For your next diorama, you should consider doing a scene with some horses and a veterinary officer as a tribute for your father's sake! :)

A quick Google search showed that there are sources for 1/35 scale horse figures out there.
Thanks, KHeitman.

In fact, I made a diorama about the subjetc, more exactly about III Artillery Group a few years ago.

You can see it in this link:

http://memoriablau.foros.ws/t11515/esce ... 5-y-armon/

The mounted officer is actually a veterinary captain (Stabsveterinär), and the soldier at his side belongs to the divisional Veterinär-Kompanie, veterinary company.

Both are watching the travelling leFH18. This diorama has been donated to the Spanish Military Veterinary Museum, so... I-m thinking about making a new one for myself. Now I paint better figures and horses! :D

KHeitmann

Post by KHeitmann » 12 Apr 2014, 14:43

Stabsveterinar wrote: Thanks, KHeitman.

In fact, I made a diorama about the subjetc, more exactly about III Artillery Group a few years ago.

You can see it in this link:

http://memoriablau.foros.ws/t11515/esce ... 5-y-armon/

The mounted officer is actually a veterinary captain (Stabsveterinär), and the soldier at his side belongs to the divisional Veterinär-Kompanie, veterinary company.

Both are watching the travelling leFH18. This diorama has been donated to the Spanish Military Veterinary Museum, so... I-m thinking about making a new one for myself. Now I paint better figures and horses! :D
That one is also nicely done, even for a earlier effort. :)

I can picture a scene where a horse's leg is being bandaged by an aid while the doctor listens to the horses heart or is examining its teeth. But, you choose your own scene, of course.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 14 Apr 2014, 19:07

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

/Marcus

Return to “Model building”