Action Man 40th Anniversary Nostalgic Collection

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Le Page

Action Man 40th Anniversary Nostalgic Collection

Post by Le Page » 02 Mar 2015, 10:06

When I was a kid, my father went on a trip to England and brought back a couple of Action Man uniforms for my GI Joes; one was a Life Guards uniform. Like nearly everyone else, I don't have any of that stuff any more. Well, a few days ago I became interested in getting a couple GI Joes and/or Action Men and kitting them out with a Life Guards uniform. Upon Googling it I see that Action Man and kit have been reproduced a few years back, as other people evidently have had the same nostalgia. I see they have a Blues and Royals outfit as well.

Has anyone here gotten any of these, and if so, could you mention where to turn? I see there are some different places that have them but I'd like to find one in the USA where possible. If not, then I'll turn to the UK. Prices seem to vary a lot.

Any input is appreciated.

hucks216

Re: Action Man 40th Anniversary Nostalgic Collection

Post by hucks216 » 02 Mar 2015, 10:55

Ebay might be worth a try. Just had a quick look on the UK site and while the prices vary you can get a job lot of 7 Action men for £12.50 with prices elsewhere on Ebay for individual ones ranging from £2 to £35. There is currently a Lifeguard's uniform sitting at £6.05 with 3 days left. You can even buy the horse for £35-55.

It is certainly bringing back some memories looking through the entries and seeing the ones I used to have!

Le Page

Post by Le Page » 03 Mar 2015, 02:03

hucks216 wrote:Ebay might be worth a try. Just had a quick look on the UK site and while the prices vary you can get a job lot of 7 Action men for £12.50 with prices elsewhere on Ebay for individual ones ranging from £2 to £35. There is currently a Lifeguard's uniform sitting at £6.05 with 3 days left. You can even buy the horse for £35-55.

It is certainly bringing back some memories looking through the entries and seeing the ones I used to have!
OK, thanks. I hadn't thought to look on the UK ebay site.

The uniform my dad had brought back which I really liked (at the time anyway), was the German soldier's. It was great because they didn't offer those in the USA any more.

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 03 Mar 2015, 11:47

When I was a kid I think the very first eagle-eyed Action Man that I got was the German WW-2 Stormtrooper (I think it was called), complete with a little Iron Cross! I think my favourite was the Embassy Siege SAS soldier.
In the end I had 7 or 8 figures, the Command Tower, a bunker, helicopter, motorcycle & sidecar (to name a few) and a big box full of accessories and uniforms. Every couple of weeks a friend and I would go into town to the one shop that stocked Action Man items and spend our pocket money on new uniforms &/or accessories. I ended up trading all of it with one of my younger cousins (or rather my parents did on my behalf) for a big new book on WW-1 & WW-2 history!

Return to “Model building”