Camouflaged SS Infantry Group - Worth ?

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Black Dudley

Camouflaged SS Infantry Group - Worth ?

Post by Black Dudley » 26 Jun 2015, 22:18

Got these 10 SS camouflaged figures today, size approx 50mm standing figures. I know of two makers of these figures Lineol & Elastolin. One figure, a mine layer has a platform under which is a makers mark, does any member know it and what are they roughly worth ? The figures are really painted in surprisingly fine detail. Cheers
Attachments
Model 3.jpg
Model 3.jpg (74.65 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Model 2.jpg
Model 2.jpg (87.15 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Model 1.jpg
Model 5.jpg
Model 5.jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 982 times

Feric

Re: Camouflaged SS Infantry Group - Worth ?

Post by Feric » 27 Jun 2015, 11:37

Hi mate,

well, most of them have a very roughly paited camouflage, really badly painted insignia on collars, no eyes, shadows or details. I would not say they are "really painted in surprisingly fine detail".

Here is one of my figures, which I would not say it has "surprising details" anyway, just to compare. :milwink:

So I would say their value is very low.

John T

Post by John T » 27 Jun 2015, 13:38

Black Dudley wrote:Got these 10 SS camouflaged figures today, size approx 50mm standing figures. I know of two makers of these figures Lineol & Elastolin. One figure, a mine layer has a platform under which is a makers mark, does any member know it and what are they roughly worth ? The figures are really painted in surprisingly fine detail. Cheers
Hope you didn't pay too much for them.

the logo looks very much like LLER as in Heller, french post war producer,
HellerTyskar2.JPG
the crouching guy with a bipod in his hands also from another Heller kit.
HellerTyskar.JPG
HellerTyskar.JPG (53.45 KiB) Viewed 951 times

unassembled kit costs aprox 20 USD on Ebay at buy it now, 5 USD as starting bid.
And in that condition yours are painted, I don't think they are worth anything if Heller's.

IF they on the other hand are real WW2 vintage Elastolin soldiers you'll get a quite different price.
But I doubt.

Hope to be of some help.

/John

Black Dudley

Post by Black Dudley » 28 Jun 2015, 21:12

Thanks Gentlemen for the posts and pictures. I bought the ten pieces Friday at a German flea-market paid €3 per figure - total €30. John, I think your suggestion has hit the mark, the maker Heller would fit. I looked at them on the market traders stall, saw the the painted SS runes and swastikas on the helmets and uniforms - I know, no German postwar firm or still today would be allowed to produce these figures so painted. Thought then, they must be WW2 period, never giving a thought that they could be French in origin. Well we live and learn, thanks for the help. Cheers

Return to “Model building”