Dio-"On to Stalingrad!", PzIII L 16.PzDv

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
egonzinc

Dio-"On to Stalingrad!", PzIII L 16.PzDv

Post by egonzinc » 20 Aug 2015, 02:23

Dio- “On to Stalingrad!”
Grenadiers from the 64 Panzergrenadier Regt.
Ride on a PzIII Ausf L of the 16th Panzer Division.
Russia, August 1942.

Previously posted PzIII Ausf L of the 16th Panzer Division, push through a tall grass field in Russia. Grenadiers from one of the division’s two Panzer Grenadier Regiments ride on the tank. In a couple of months most of the division would have died in the battles for Stalingrad. The commander is the tanks commander previously shown in shirtsleeve order and the grenadiers are from my old Öne Kilometer from the Volga” set up, with some upgrades, leather boots and some other newer bits as these figures were from 2005! I still kept the old plastic helmets as two of them have some special covers and I don’t have that many single decal WH helmets. Eventually I will make a larger group of grenadiers and these can go back to the rubble of Stalingrad!
I took these images in a vacant lot near my home. Eventhough we are under severe drought, this lot has not been cut in about 6 months and the grass has grown very tall. Thought it would make an interesting set up for the PzIII and a few grenadiers. There were probably many such fields in Russia in the summer of 1942. Abandoned due to the war and advancing Germans…

colt45

Re: Dio-"On to Stalingrad!", PzIII L 16.PzDv

Post by colt45 » 21 Aug 2015, 16:57

wow! looks great

Return to “Model building”