Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Guidelines & Instructions

Discussions on historical model building and military art.

Postby gaussianum on 27 Feb 2006 21:51

If I want to report a breach of the rules by another poster, to the administrator, should I post here, or should I send a private message?

Best Regards
gaussianum
Portugal

Postby Marcus Wendel on 28 Feb 2006 19:09

gaussianum wrote:If I want to report a breach of the rules by another poster, to the administrator, should I post here, or should I send a private message?

That should be handled through pm, the normal approach is to first contact the host of the section but if you prefer you are of course welcome to contact anyone of us on the staff.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

Man a few rules

Postby Fallschirmjäger on 28 Jun 2006 05:02

I should have read these first as may have broken some maybe?,forget now as for pictures etc..,i will try and read this and keep up with it if i can,hard to remember to sometimes.
Fallschirmjäger
New Zealand

Postby Armeiro on 21 Oct 2006 00:39

Can i delate my own posts from the forum wen they are not important?
Armeiro
Portugal

Postby Fallschirmjäger on 21 Oct 2006 01:00

What ive seen is you can delete them if no one replies aftr it,but if there are some im shure you cant,would have to ask a mod or admin to do that,then i dont know if they would,you could also just leave it blank too.
Fallschirmjäger
New Zealand

Postby corleonelee on 01 Feb 2007 16:42

yes, i understand it
thank u.
corleonelee
China

Postby Qvist on 01 Feb 2007 20:01

See this sentence in the guidelines on page 1:

You can edit your messages within a week from it was posted.

The reason for it is unfortunate experiences with disenchanted posters who, upon deciding to leave the forum, systematically erased all of their contributions and as a consequence extensively ruined the threads they had participated in. Should you need to make a change to one of your posts more than a week after it was posted, you can contact a moderator who will help you.

cheers
Qvist
Former member
Norway

Postby adlermut on 04 Apr 2007 09:23

Einvertanden Colonel :)
adlermut
Turkey

Postby Malcolm on 10 Jul 2007 16:38

I fully understand and agree as well and im happy to be part of this community.
Malcolm
Finland

Postby Evzoni on 21 Aug 2007 05:41

But to keep the site truly apolitical it may be suggested that praise for the Communist and Democratic systems be carefully monitored as well, people would find praise of a communist movement for example, as offensive as praising fascists.
Evzoni
Australia

Postby Mr Holmes on 21 Aug 2007 06:06

Evzoni wrote:But to keep the site truly apolitical it may be suggested that praise for the Communist and Democratic systems be carefully monitored as well, people would find praise of a communist movement for example, as offensive as praising fascists.

Democracy? Offensive? That's a first...
Mr Holmes
Australia

RE: Guidelines And Instructions.

Postby Robert Rojas on 21 Aug 2007 07:38

Greetings to Chairman Wendel, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Howdy Marcus! Well sir, in reference to your administrative announcement entitled as A NOTE ON POLITICAL DISCUSSION which was created on Sunday - March 26, 2006 - 1:57pm over on THE LOUNGE section of the forum, old Uncle Bob was curious why this particular edict was never fully incorporated across the entire spectrum of the Axis History Forum. I had the temerity to suggest such an inclusion over on the so-called HOLOCAUST AND 20TH CENTURY WAR CRIMES section of the forum. This very suggestion was posted within the thread entitlled as 400 U.S. NAPALM BOMBS DROPPED IN GREEK CIVIL WAR and was unceremoniously expunged by your moderator who goes by the nom de plume of David Thompson on Sunday - August 19, 2007 - 10:53pm. Given the obvious political tenor of the give and take that was clearly transpiring within this particular thread, old yours truly thought it a reasonably good idea to include YOUR edict into that odious corner of the neighborhood. But then again, what is reasonable to old Uncle Bob may not at all be reasonable to others. So, what say you? Well, that's my initial two cents worth on this administrative topic of interest - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you the usual copacetic day over in your corner of greater Scandinavia.

Best Regards,
Uncle Bob :idea: :|
Robert Rojas
United States

Postby Qvist on 21 Aug 2007 10:25

Roberto - if you have questions concerning a moderating decision, take it up by PM.

cheers
Qvist
Former member
Norway

Postby Marcus Wendel on 21 Aug 2007 11:54

Evzoni wrote:But to keep the site truly apolitical it may be suggested that praise for the Communist and Democratic systems be carefully monitored as well, people would find praise of a communist movement for example, as offensive as praising fascists.

All dictatorship are covered by the rule: "No glorifying of nazism/fascism or those dictatorships, or other totalitarian dictatorships, is tolerated ".

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

Postby Marcus Wendel on 21 Aug 2007 11:56

Bob,

A look through the locked threads in the H&WC section will reveal that we already act against threads that we feel are more political than historical in nature.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to Model building & Military Art