Publications from quikmaneuvers.com

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
jmark

Publications from quikmaneuvers.com

Post by jmark » 26 Sep 2013, 04:35

Anybody ever bought an e-book from here? Here's the list of WW2 publications:

http://www.quikmaneuvers.com/world_war_2_ebooks.html

I'm embarrassed to say I've even looked at the site, but it popped up during a search and I'm simply wondering about what's in their publications.

Thank
Jason
Last edited by jmark on 26 Sep 2013, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.

Dann Falk

Re: Publications from quikmaneuvers.com

Post by Dann Falk » 26 Sep 2013, 06:02

Greetings,

I have purchase one or two books from them. My feeling is that you get what you pay for. They cover a topic and they are publishing / providing good info on that topic. If something is of interest to you, give it a try.

jmark

Post by jmark » 27 Sep 2013, 07:35

Thanks Dann. Does it look like they've done their own research, or is it simply material lifted from other publications?

Jason

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 29 Sep 2013, 19:42

Hi Jason,

From what I can tell they do most of the research themselves. The writers sometimes take a different approach to a topic, which can be interesting and revealing.

StefanSiverud

Post by StefanSiverud » 29 Sep 2013, 20:59

Looks a bit dodgy to me. Of course, their sales pitch "If you want to know the reality of World War 2, not the leftist lies spouted by the terminally ignorant..." sets of a warning, but even disregarding that, the excerpts for the various books look quite unconvincing.

For instance, the MG 34 "book" appears to be a copy of the US manual (TM E9-206A), the Commando book excerpt makes it seem very brief and laid out in a strange way, while additionally placing the Dieppe raid on the 18th - hopefully a typo. Looking at the Hitler Psychoanalyzed excerpt and I don't feel like staying on the site any more.

histan

Post by histan » 30 Sep 2013, 00:31

Hi

Some of them I think are based on the Foreign Military Studies reports written by German officers between 1947 and 1954. As an example:

FMS Study P-055b is titled Partisan Warfare in Croatia which consists of 93 pages.

As they say "The e-book Anti-Partisan Operations in WW2 Croatia, based on an excellent German report of what happened there, has
been improved by the familiar QuikManeuvers.com editorial work of our own veteran soldiers and espionage operatives."

The FMS Studies are available from Fold 3 but you may have to pay a subscription for access.

Regards

John

chinesefox

Post by chinesefox » 24 Apr 2015, 03:33

well, does anyone here bother to check those Bibliography of his stuff ?

such as this

as I recall---windrow greene. london was some sort of English publisher

do they ever published a book with that title(of course it is suppose to be a translation of a soviet book) ??

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”