Biblio verlag

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Robert Brockmeier

Biblio verlag

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 23 Mar 2008, 20:39

Does anybody have the straight scoop on the status of Biblio-Verlag? I have heard they are bankrupt, or they tranferred their pubs to someone else, or etc. Since they left several of their series partially complete (the generals list for one), Volumes 1-7 of the proposed 12 volume set, is there any indication from any source to complete the series?
Whatever info someone has would be greatly appreciated.
Robert BRockmeier

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Biblio verlag

Post by Dieter Zinke » 23 Mar 2008, 20:46

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 24 Mar 2008, 02:49

I've tried contacting them numerous times myself, as well as through Christian Schmidt, because I want to order the new Ritterkreuztrager and Pour le Merite books, yet we still receive no answer from them. I don't understand what's going on. On JJF's website they state that Biblio Verlag is out of business and that they too haven't received any contact from them, and are thus canceling all orders. And of course Bob Ruman has had the same experience. If Biblio Verlag is still in business and this is the way they treat customers, then frankly they should go out of business. It's disgusting. I'm willing to pay good money for at least three new volumes of books! But if they don't want my business so be it.

Robert Brockmeier

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 24 Mar 2008, 06:53

Dieter, this is no reflection on your good publications as I intend to purchase volume 3 of your SS series. My question dealt with the possible fact that Biblio-Verlag or there successor will not be publishing the remainder of some of the series they commenced! I have purchased many of the series through Bob Ruman and other sources and the time frame seems to get longer between volumes except perhaps for yours. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE IS GOING TO PUBLISH ANY MORE OF THE SERIES THEY STARTED. Sorry about the outburst, but it is getting extremely frustrating.
Robert Brockmeier

genstab

Post by genstab » 30 Mar 2008, 14:16

Apparently volume 8 of "Die Generale des Heeres 1921-1945" (M-O) is out. The ISBN is 3764823938. Biblio had a new catalog site briefly but I just tried to access it and it's gone: don't ask me why they don't take their obsolete 2003 catalog site down as there is a 2005 catalog site. Why does anyone do anything with websites? Hope this info helps those of you patiently waiting on Bradley's series. Dieter, can you add anything to this? Will we still be able to buy volume 8 at least, and do you think publication of Bradley- or any series- will go on?

Best regards,
Genstab

Robert Brockmeier

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 30 Mar 2008, 17:29

Thanks for the update. I finally found volume 8 on the Biblio reprint website, but want some confirmation that the book actually has been published and is available for purchase.
It would be a shame if all the proposed and published series were never finished.
Regards, Robert Brockmeier

genstab

Post by genstab » 30 Mar 2008, 18:58

I don't blame you. What website address did you use for the reprint site? I tried http://www.reprint.biblio.de and it's defunct.

You could try Mr. Ruman at Articles of War. Maybe he's ordered it or will try. I'd be interested to know too-and appreciate it if you'd PM me with what you found out. I'm going to call Interlibrary Loan at the Cleveland Public Library tomorrow and see if any copies are showing in libraries in World Cat that could be borrowed. I last checked a month ago but nobody had it yet to loan out. That'll tell us something and I'll report back.

Best regards,
Bill McCroden
Genstab in Cleveland

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 31 Mar 2008, 13:22

Bill, take this one:

http://www.reprint-biblio.de/

Jan-Hendrik

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 31 Mar 2008, 23:38

If there is anyone in actual contact with Biblio can they ask for me if I can order the Pour le Merite book that they have listed on their website. Thanks!

genstab

Post by genstab » 01 Apr 2008, 00:07

Thank you, Jan-Hendrik! I had a period instead of a dash in the email address.

I talked to the Cleveland Public Library today. The book is NOT showing up in World Cat, meaning no library has a copy yet. Usually they have standing orders for succeeding volumes of multivolume sets like this to be sent automatically as they are published.

Does anyone do frequent business with Mr. Ruman at Articles of War? If so, could you ask him if he knows anything? Maybe he orders from them and can tell us if they're still sending ordered books.

Best regards,
Genstab

HFK

Post by HFK » 02 Apr 2008, 19:25

Hello everyone, I e-mailed Bob Ruman, who I knew well when he had his store near Chicago. He replied that he had heard from the owner of Biblio-Verlag. The owner had been away for over a year due to an illness, but is back now, and plans to resume business again. Bob added he will keep me (us) informed when he has more information. This sounds like good news, especially for those of us awaiting vol 8 of the generals series. Best regards, Harry

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 02 Apr 2008, 21:03

This is really good news! Hope he puts out more of the Ritterkreuztrager series. At the same time I feel a little bad that I was so angry with them while the poor man was sick... :oops:

genstab

Post by genstab » 02 Apr 2008, 22:44

Thanks very much, Harry!

Best Regards,
Genstab

Svennie

Post by Svennie » 11 Apr 2008, 21:26

I sometimes check the website of the Deutsche Bibliothek (German national library) who receive copies of everything published in Germany. So far they list only volume 7 and earlier....

Best regards
Sven

Mark C. Yerger
In memoriam

Post by Mark C. Yerger » 16 Apr 2008, 01:42

I buy from Bob Ruman all the time. After 2 years of not getting orders or replies he gave up on Biblio. He recently had a sale of remaing titles he had. Publisher seems to have no interest in selling (or replying) US booksellers, even the ones who carried their titles for years. I have no news of any KC book since Panzer vol. 1 and no Army Generals violume in 2-3 years (vol. 7 was the last). The SS Generals books seem to be all they have actually done in some time. Excuses have been many, it doesn't take much to have a working e-mail and reply customers. They're losing money with poor customer service (rather no service) regards the US and elsewhere. All this was discussed in previous threads that seemed to anger moderators, though unknown as to why.

Mark

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”