Biblio verlag

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
sd

Re: Biblio verlag

Post by sd » 31 Aug 2012, 17:33

Is the following URL http://www.militaria-biblio.de/ still functioning web site for the Biblio Verlag?

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 31 Aug 2012, 20:43

AFAIK, yes.

Robert Brockmeier

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 31 Aug 2012, 22:18

For those of us awaiting the completion of the Generals list this is an exercise in futility. Perhaps some brain surgeon in their office could figure a way to put all the remaining generals on website a pay as you go list so those of us interested in finishing the series could at least have a chance at finishing the series.
Robert Brockmeier

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 01 Sep 2012, 08:51

sd wrote:Is the following URL http://www.militaria-biblio.de/ still functioning web site for the Biblio Verlag?
The website is http://www.militariabiblio.de

Dieter Z.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 01 Sep 2012, 11:52

Guess that "militaria-biblio" is just a spin-off of their website http://www.militariabiblio.de.
The trading details on both sites are giving the same informations e.g.name of the manager, tax number, headquarters. Also they claim on this website "Militaria-biblio.de is a service of the publishing company Biblio Verlag GmbH & Co. KG.".
sd, please follow Dieter´s recommendation, that website is more up do date.

sd

Post by sd » 01 Sep 2012, 19:03

Thank you for the replies!

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 06 Jan 2014, 17:44

WARNING TO READERS:

Do NOT place any orders directly with Biblio-Verlag. They have proven most unreliable in filling orders and responding to inquiries.

If you wish to purchase their publications, make sure that you are dealing with a bookseller, and not with Biblio-Verlag itself.

Michael S Goodman

:(
Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der Zukunft zugewandt, lasst uns Dir zum guten dienen, Deutschland, einig Vaterland!

Von der Maas, bis an die Memel, von der Etsch bis an den Belt

Levantai hoje de novo, o esplendor de Portugal

As armas, pela patria lutar

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 07 Jan 2014, 02:49

Biblio Verlag is a joke. They never respond to emails. I'm waiting for the next Ritterkreuztrager book, that Scherzer has written...

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 08 Jan 2014, 00:15

I'm afraid that you're right! No, they almost never respond to inquiries!

More seriously, they have not yet shipped me some nearly $700. worth of books which I ordered from them, via ZVAB, in September '13!

Twice already, they have used this "hospitalization" and "illness" excuse with me!

Apparently they are a one-man operation, and seemingly not at all interested in staying in business!

If ordering any Biblio-Verlag titles through the ZVAB, make sure that your order will be sent by a bookseller, and NOT directly from BiblioVerlag.
Last edited by xenonman on 08 Jan 2014, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der Zukunft zugewandt, lasst uns Dir zum guten dienen, Deutschland, einig Vaterland!

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 08 Jan 2014, 00:20

Robert Brockmeier wrote:Does anybody have the straight scoop on the status of Biblio-Verlag? I have heard they are bankrupt, or they tranferred their pubs to someone else, or etc. Since they left several of their series partially complete (the generals list for one), Volumes 1-7 of the proposed 12 volume set, is there any indication from any source to complete the series?
Whatever info someone has would be greatly appreciated.
Robert BRockmeier
If they're not bankrupt, they certainly deserve to be!

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 08 Jan 2014, 00:24

HFK wrote:Hello everyone, I e-mailed Bob Ruman, who I knew well when he had his store near Chicago. He replied that he had heard from the owner of Biblio-Verlag. The owner had been away for over a year due to an illness, but is back now, and plans to resume business again. Bob added he will keep me (us) informed when he has more information. This sounds like good news, especially for those of us awaiting vol 8 of the generals series. Best regards, Harry
UNREAL!

It's now nearly SIX years since this post, and apparently he is still using this hospitalization/illness excuse!! :x

Robert Brockmeier

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 08 Jan 2014, 01:13

My understanding is that the author is deceased. So, no one is in charge of continuing the series. Since there seems to be significant interest in
finishing the series perhaps members who have data on the remaining generals could post them on line and allow others to add or subtract from
available sources. There is another site (Lexikon der Wehrmacht, in German) that has a lot of the info. Also, if anyone has data to correct errors
in the first 7 volumes I am sure that all of that info would be appreciated. This is not the first and will certainly not be the last set that is never completed, but the information is all out there and should be shared regardless of cost. Info not shared is info lost. I've seen this on several posts.
Regards, Robert Brockmeier

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 08 Jan 2014, 02:51

As far as the Ritterkreuztrager series is concerned i know Scherzer has taken over and has written at least Pionier 1 and 2, though only 1 was released back in 2010 I believe. The other hasn't been released yet. Maybe I should ask him about the series?
Also, who is this owner of Biblio Verlag????

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 08 Jan 2014, 14:16

krichter33 wrote:[...] who is this owner of Biblio Verlag????
http://www.militariabiblio.de/23.html

Robert Brockmeier

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 08 Jan 2014, 19:11

The website shows a volume 8 Ma-Ow. Has anybody been able to purchase and actually have a copy in their possession?
Robert Brockmeier

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”