Biblio verlag

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
xenonman

Re: Biblio verlag

Post by xenonman » 08 Jan 2014, 19:41

Robert Brockmeier wrote:The website shows a volume 8 Ma-Ow. Has anybody been able to purchase and actually have a copy in their possession?
Robert Brockmeier
Although the volume (VIII) is listed on German Amazon, the listing bears the notation that the title is, in fact, not presently available.
Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der Zukunft zugewandt, lasst uns Dir zum guten dienen, Deutschland, einig Vaterland!

Von der Maas, bis an die Memel, von der Etsch bis an den Belt

Levantai hoje de novo, o esplendor de Portugal

As armas, pela patria lutar

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 08 Jan 2014, 19:46

krichter33 wrote:As far as the Ritterkreuztrager series is concerned i know Scherzer has taken over and has written at least Pionier 1 and 2, though only 1 was released back in 2010 I believe. The other hasn't been released yet. Maybe I should ask him about the series?
Also, who is this owner of Biblio Verlag????
As per the cited website and also according to a pro-forma invoice statement and an e-mail from them (in Sept. and Nov. '13 respectively), the manager ("Geschaeftsfuehrer") is Wolfram Zeller.

Also, they are no longer in Osnabrueck, but now in Bissendorf.
Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der Zukunft zugewandt, lasst uns Dir zum guten dienen, Deutschland, einig Vaterland!

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 11 Jan 2014, 02:43

I have talked with Mr. Scherzer about the RK series. He says he was commissioned to write the Pioniers books by Biblio Verlag. Of course the first one has been published, but he doesn't know when the second will be published, since according to Mr. Scherzer, Mr. Zeller doesn't respond to his emails as well! Mr. Scherzer also said that he believes Biblio Verlag is to be sold...

askropp
Forum Staff

Post by askropp » 11 Jan 2014, 16:00

Also note the mysterious changes in both the company organisation and mail addresses over the last years. "Biblio Verlag GmbH & Co. KG" is now listed under Mr. Zeller's private address and as the subsidiary of a new "Biblio Verlag Verwaltungs-GmbH" with a mail adress in a nearby warehouse or former barn, while Mr. Zeller is listed as the manager of this "Biblio Verlag Verwaltungs-GmbH" under his private address again. The former office (or mailbox) in a local industrial park has been abandoned. The companies were were registered in 2001 and 2011 respectively. Looks like a sign of possible financial troubles.
There are times in history when staying neutral means taking sides.

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 12 Jan 2014, 17:13

Interesting update! Thanks for the info.

This might explain their inability or reluctance to fill orders or even respond to e-mails.

Yet, they still have the nerve to keep listing themselves as an active bookseller on both ZVAB, German Amazon, and Abe Books.
I have made complaints to ZVAB and Abe Books, which are pending against them now. Sending "lulling" communications to customers (which they have done twice with me already) constitutes mail fraud in the USA.

It's remarkable that Zeller is supposedly too "sick" to send out orders, yet healthy enough to have sent me a Pro Forma invoice seeking payment, back in Sept. '13!

Why a publisher of such high-quality reference material would allow itself to be run into the ground like this still remains a complete mystery to me.
Last edited by xenonman on 12 Jan 2014, 17:29, edited 2 times in total.

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 12 Jan 2014, 17:18

Robert Brockmeier wrote:For those of us awaiting the completion of the Generals list this is an exercise in futility. Perhaps some brain surgeon in their office could figure a way to put all the remaining generals on website a pay as you go list so those of us interested in finishing the series could at least have a chance at finishing the series.
Robert Brockmeier
Either a brain surgeon or a proctologist is needed in order to figure out why Biblio- has let itself go to the dogs!

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 12 Jan 2014, 17:21

Have any volumes of the SS/Police Generals series beyond the fifth one ever actually appeared? Did anything ever appear in the Bundeswehr Generals series beyond the third volume?

askropp
Forum Staff

Post by askropp » 13 Jan 2014, 17:57

We had a first major hiatus between 2005 and 2009. During that period, only the SS / Polizei series was continued. In 2009/2010, the Ritterkreuzträger series was continued with three additonal volumes (Panzertruppe 2, Pioniere 1 and Infanterie 7). Since then, again only the SS / Polizei series has been continued and completed. We owe this completion probably Mr. Schulz and Mr. Zinke more than Biblio Verlag, but one should assume they were duly paid for their work. In my opinion, a major factor was the passing away of Mr. Bradley who was the spirit behind the Generale des Heeres and Bundeswehr series. But don't forget that we should thankful to Biblio and the Zellers for starting the Generale and RKT series anyway. Remember that this is Germany, the major publishers refuse to issue military titles because they a) don't make money with them and they b) could be accused of inciting Neo-Nazi tendencies what amounts to social ostracism and commercial suicide. We don't have something like Osprey or similar companies, we have only Motorbuch with some ever-reprinted mass titles of dubious quality and several small publishers who REALLY are revisionist (like PLM etc., and also the early Biblio volumes) and nothing much in between. What I would love to see would be some professional, serious German-language works like Frieser's Blitzkrieg-Legende, one of my all-time favorites.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Biblio-Verlag

Post by Dieter Zinke » 13 Jan 2014, 20:03

askropp wrote: We owe this completion probably Mr. Schulz and Mr. Zinke more than Biblio-Verlag,
but one should assume they were duly paid for their work.
:) :) Honour to whom honour is due: we did this every time only for charity's sake - and of course for our own reputation :wink:

AnDie and Oberstab-

askropp
Forum Staff

Post by askropp » 14 Jan 2014, 17:05

Well, if this is the case, the military historians and enthusiasts of the world are even more indebted to you. :thumbsup:
But, alas, we cannot expect such a modesty from each and every author, and even if everyone would write free of charge, it still would be costly to publish a book, so it probably remains a question of money.

Robert Brockmeier

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 14 Jan 2014, 17:51

Would it be of any interest to contact 'VERLAG MILITARIA' GmbH, based in Vienna as a possible publisher? I have purchased several books from them mainly World War 1 material. The books are high quality. Their internet address is www.militaria.at The gentleman in charge is Stefan Rest.
Robert Brockmeier

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 17 Jan 2014, 02:51

trbooks wrote:Ok. But why did they advertise it on ABE books ?? Does anyone know when it will be available ? What a terrible way to run a buissness is all I can say :(
They have numerous title listed on ZVAB and Abe Books, but they seem unable to honor their commitments anymore!

Interestingly enough, they have no problem sending out pro forma invoices for orders!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 04 Feb 2014, 11:09

Twp posts from xenonman containing low forms of speech were removed, that kind of words are not acceptable here.

/Marcus

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 04 Feb 2014, 22:08

No form of speech would be too low to describe the current state of Biblio-Verlag or of its current "owner/manager".
So far, I'm out US$ 1.160,-- to the fraudster.

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 04 Feb 2014, 22:12

xenonman wrote:
trbooks wrote:Ok. But why did they advertise it on ABE books ?? Does anyone know when it will be available ? What a terrible way to run a buissness is all I can say :(
They have numerous title listed on ZVAB and Abe Books, but they seem unable to honor their commitments anymore!

Interestingly enough, they have no problem sending out pro forma invoices for orders!
HERE'S THE LATEST:

I was finally able to get Biblio-Verlag removed from listing any further on ZVAB/ABE Books.
Now I'm waiting to see if ZVAB will be able to make good my loss of US$ 1,160.00 from my orders.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”