Biblio verlag

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
xenonman

Re: Biblio verlag

Post by xenonman » 04 Feb 2014, 22:17

trbooks wrote:Ok. But why did they advertise it on ABE books ?? Does anyone know when it will be available ? What a terrible way to run a buissness is all I can say :(
Business? It's more like a scheme to defraud!

At least, I may have now finally succeeded in banning anymore direct listings by Biblio-Veralg itself on ABE Books/ZVAB!
Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der Zukunft zugewandt, lasst uns Dir zum guten dienen, Deutschland, einig Vaterland!

Von der Maas, bis an die Memel, von der Etsch bis an den Belt

Levantai hoje de novo, o esplendor de Portugal

As armas, pela patria lutar

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 05 Feb 2014, 02:22

That's very good xenonman!!!! The more places they are banned from "selling" the better!

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 05 Feb 2014, 17:22

xenonman wrote:
xenonman wrote:
trbooks wrote:Ok. But why did they advertise it on ABE books ?? Does anyone know when it will be available ? What a terrible way to run a buissness is all I can say :(
They have numerous title listed on ZVAB and Abe Books, but they seem unable to honor their commitments anymore!

Interestingly enough, they have no problem sending out pro forma invoices for orders!
HERE'S THE LATEST:

I was finally able to get Biblio-Verlag removed from listing any further on ZVAB/ABE Books.
Now I'm waiting to see if ZVAB will be able to make good my loss of US$ 1,160.00 from my orders.
Hi

If you used a Credit Card to make the purchase, then your covered by the Credit Card company and you should contact them to get a refund!

Regards

Andy H

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 21 Feb 2014, 20:38

MIRACLES NEVER CEASE!

With the (I assume very aggressive) intervention of European AbeBooks staff, I finally received the books which I had ordered FOUR MONTHS previously from Biblio-Verlag.

I would still be very cautious about ordering anything directly from them, unless they are willing to accept orders on open account.

Frankly, I suspect that many of the titles listed at their website have never even appeared.

Mike G.
:thumbsup:
Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der Zukunft zugewandt, lasst uns Dir zum guten dienen, Deutschland, einig Vaterland!

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 21 Feb 2014, 20:47

Andy H wrote:
xenonman wrote:
xenonman wrote:
They have numerous title listed on ZVAB and Abe Books, but they seem unable to honor their commitments anymore!

Interestingly enough, they have no problem sending out pro forma invoices for orders!
HERE'S THE LATEST:

I was finally able to get Biblio-Verlag removed from listing any further on ZVAB/ABE Books.
Now I'm waiting to see if ZVAB will be able to make good my loss of US$ 1,160.00 from my orders.
Hi

If you used a Credit Card to make the purchase, then your covered by the Credit Card company and you should contact them to get a refund!

Regards

Andy H
Hi Andy,
Thanks for your message.
Unfortunately, Biblio-Verlag had requested payment only by international bank transfer.
In any case, after 4 months, I finally received the titles which I ordered from them, although this required aggressive intervention on the part of AbeBooks European staff and by ZVAB.

Mike G.
:D

askropp
Forum Staff

Post by askropp » 17 Apr 2014, 23:17

Just a footnote, the Biblio website has disappeared some time ago. I don't know whether this heralds the end of that publisher's business operations.
There are times in history when staying neutral means taking sides.

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 18 Apr 2014, 01:40

It wouldn't be the first time their website disappeared.

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 06 May 2014, 05:45

The German Amazon website has a fairly detailed listing (1533 titles over 64 pages!) of Biblio-Verlag titles. However this likely may not reflect actual availability of the titles.

Ordering from Amazon.de would probably much safer than dealing directly with Biblio-Verlag at the Bissendorf address.

Harro

Post by Harro » 24 May 2014, 10:30

Any updates on Biblio? Not only is their website offline, its seems they nolonger reply to emails.

krichter33

Post by krichter33 » 25 May 2014, 01:51

Their website is back, but they don't respond to anyone!

http://www.militariabiblio.de/

xenonman

Post by xenonman » 22 May 2015, 19:30

That address appears down at this point.

askropp
Forum Staff

Post by askropp » 22 May 2015, 19:53

There are times in history when staying neutral means taking sides.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”