Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Als Panzermann in Afrika und Italien 1942-45

Discussions on reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors.
Buy your books through the AHF Bookstore and support the forum while shopping!
Hosted by Andy H.

Als Panzermann in Afrika und Italien 1942-45

Postby Remy Spezzano on 02 Aug 2013 01:01

This forthcoming title is now being produced and should be released November 2013.
RZM will be the official importer and distributor for North America.
http://www.rzm.com/books/lfv/lfbk006.cfm

And in Europe this title should be available from your favorite military book dealer.
Or you can purchase it direct from the publisher in Germany.
http://www.luftfahrtverlag-start.de/index.en.html

---

Als Panzermann in Afrika und Italien 1942-45: Panzer Regiment 8 und schwere Panzer-Abt. 508 by Axel Urbanke and Hans Becker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Marcus Wendel on 18 Jan 2014 16:07, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Book title added / Thread title changed from "RARE wartime color TIGER I photos!"
Remy Spezzano
United States

Re: RARE wartime color TIGER I photos!

Postby Remy Spezzano on 08 Dec 2013 22:28

This new book is now in print and on it's way to the USA by boat. RZM Imports will have copies for sale
end of December 2013. Here are a few sample pages to peak your interest.
http://www.rzm.com/books/lfv/lfbk006.cfm

Remy Spezzano
United States

Postby nomis on 27 Dec 2013 18:29

Hi,

Just some quick advice.

Having now read this book, it's good, but not THAT good.

There are 3 colour Tiger photos.

One on the cover [ repeated inside ] , one very much published photo [ the rest from the set having apparently been loaned and lost in the 70's ] plus one newly published photo [ new to me at least ].

This is very much a black and white study where Tiger is concerned. If you expect plenty of coloured Tiger photos you will be disappointed. RZM 's add is definitely mis-leading in that respect.

It is , however, still a good book.

S.
nomis
United Kingdom

Postby HenryLee on 28 Dec 2013 07:07

Thank you for the advice.

Can you kindly advise me about how many pages are there for text and personal memories coverage for the book?
HenryLee
Hong Kong

Postby nomis on 28 Dec 2013 14:41

Hi,

There are about 30 pages of text, split between English / German language.

There is also a lot of text throughout , accompanying each photo. Some more than others.

It is generally based upon the memories and letters of the photographer, with additions by the author for context.

Again, please don't get me wrong, this is a great book with loads of info / photos, BUT , if you expect to see plenty of colour photos of Tiger..........you will be disappointed.

That is my only issue with this book. It is being marketed as something it most definitely is not , which is a shame as in it's own right ,it is a good book.

S.
nomis
United Kingdom

Postby nomis on 29 Dec 2013 23:19

Hi.

One small error in my comment about colour photos of Tiger in this book.

ALL 3 of those contained in the book already feature in Tigers in Combat III. There are no original unseen colour pictures of Tiger here.

S.
nomis
United Kingdom

Return to Reference Material