My new book: The Plan That Broke the World

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
woneil

My new book: The Plan That Broke the World

Post by woneil » 12 Mar 2014, 02:22

My new book on the Schlieffen Plan and its consequences, The Plan That Broke the World: The "Schlieffen Plan" and World War I, has been published. It's available now in Amazon Kindle form; experience suggests that it will be several more days before Amazon has it for sale in print form.

For information and buying links see http://whatweretheythinking.williamdone ... /index.htm

Will O'Neil

pugsville

Re: My new book: The Plan That Broke the World

Post by pugsville » 13 Mar 2014, 06:27

Have you read Zuber and if so what are you comments re his opinion of the Schlieffen Plan?

woneil

Post by woneil » 16 Mar 2014, 04:14

pugsville wrote:Have you read Zuber and if so what are you comments re his opinion of the Schlieffen Plan?
I've read everything Zuber has written relative to the Schlieffen Plan at least once, and in most cases more than once. In the book I cite him more often than any other author and the index has seven page entries for him. There's no question that he's right on many things, including some of the most important issues. There are other issues where I feel he has not proven what he thinks he has, and some cases where I think the facts better support a different view.

It's all laid out clearly and in detail in the book.

Will O'Neil

P.S. Amazon now has the book in both Kindle and paper form.

woneil

Post by woneil » 23 Mar 2014, 07:03

Only on Sunday, 23 March (U.S. Pacific Coast time), Amazon is offering the Kindle edition of The Plan That Broke the World free, no charge. See http://whatweretheythinking.williamdone ... world/#Buy for links to the Amazon Kindle sites in various countries.

Will O'Neil

woneil

Post by woneil » 26 Mar 2014, 02:38

A second edition is in preparation. Actually a fairly minor change involving only a new Introduction chapter. The new chapter can be obtained at http://whatweretheythinking.williamdone ... orld/#2Edn.

Will O'Neil

favedave

Post by favedave » 07 Jun 2014, 19:37

Hi, I just purchased your book on Amazon (soft cover,(which I just discovered you published in March) Look forward very much to reading it.

Dave

woneil

Post by woneil » 07 Jun 2014, 21:58

favedave wrote:Hi, I just purchased your book on Amazon (soft cover,(which I just discovered you published in March) Look forward very much to reading it.

Dave
I really hope you enjoy it and would welcome any comments or questions you may have.

Will
William D. O'Neil
The Plan That Broke the World
http://whatweretheythinking.williamdone ... /Index.htm

favedave

Post by favedave » 16 Jun 2014, 15:33

Hi, Will!

I will get to more comments on your book, upon finishing it. I've got some 'crazy ideas' about the Schlieffen Plan which I'd like to discuss with you. That should be in about a week. In the meantime, I'd like to compliment you on what I've read so far (about 1/2). You have a really delightful style and cut to core issues.

Dave

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”