Tour Guide to FQHu "Wehrwolf"

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Martinski

Tour Guide to FQHu "Wehrwolf"

Post by Martinski » 03 Oct 2013, 07:32

The long awaited and unique Tour Guide to FQHu "Wehrwolf" (Hitler's Headquarters in Ukraine) is now out and available! The Tour Guide is available in English (ISBN 9789082091700) and in Russian (ISBN 9789669721167). Can be obtained directly from the authors (the English version send from Belgium / the Russian versian send from Ukraine).

We do offer the Tour Guide to MEMBERS of the Axis History website for a SPECIAL PRICE: 20,- EUR or 25,- USD when ordered through PM to the author. P&P price is 8,60 EUR / 11,00 USD (Europe and USA).

This book is very interesting for the visitor on-site, as well for all those interested in History. This 'Tour Guide' takes through the site and opens the eyes of the unaware Visitor. The authors lead you through the complete site and point you every interesting detail out. A great book to take with you; your needed start for a walk through; we let you revive the atmosphere of Summer 1942...

We also tell the complete history of all necessary steps which led to the construction and exploitation of Hitler's military Headquarters in Ukraine.

The Tour Guide is in fact a mini version of our planned book about FHQu "Wehrwolf" to be published end 2013.

This 'Tour Guide' makes the Führerhauptquartier “Wehrwolf” understandable and explorable!!!!

We already working at a similar Tour Guide to RF-SS Heinrich Himmlers' Feldkommandostelle "Hegewald" in Huyva (S. of Shitomir - 1942)

Best wishes - Martin M Bogaert / Andrew Shvachko
Attachments
Tour Guide - AHF - Text - complete - Press.pdf
(210.32 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
0 - Cover2.jpg
0 - Cover.jpg

Martinski

Re: Books published by members

Post by Martinski » 03 Oct 2013, 07:34

some more previews of pages in our Tour Guide:
Attachments
3 - Table of Contents.jpg
4 - History - FHQu_4.jpg
4 - History - FHQu_7.jpg

Martinski

Re: Books published by members

Post by Martinski » 03 Oct 2013, 07:36

previews of the Tour Guide:
Attachments
10 - The Tour - SK I - Sect 3_74.jpg
7 - The Tour - SK II_47.jpg
5 - History - OKH_35.jpg

Max Williams

Re: Tour Guide to FQHu "Wehrwolf"

Post by Max Williams » 09 Apr 2014, 13:44

I have just received a copy of Martin's tour guidebook. At first glance it is packed with interesting information, particularly for those wishing to visit the site of Hitler's FHQ Wehrwolf. Obviously visits to the Ukraine are a little risky at the moment, but when the dust settles and the Ukraine becomes more stabilised, this guide is a must for any visitor to the FHQ site.
It provides a step-by-step walk through the site, identifying the remains of the buildings with photos or drawings of the original structures in many cases. A thoroughly researched project and well worth obtaining whether one intends to visit or not.
Max.

pim

Post by pim » 20 Apr 2014, 13:59

I received this book a few days ago. Albeit a small soft-back A5 size book with 128 pages it is indeed impressive. The book is absolutely packed with information, good photos and diagrams. I especially liked the identification of the various personalities at the Hauptquartier, the nearby OKH Headquarters 'Winniza" and details of Hitler's private house and office in the complex.
As Max has stated above: the book is thoroughly researched and well worth obtaining.
The authors are to be thanked and congratulated for making their important research available to the public. You won't be disappointed in buying this book.

Regards, Peter

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 23 Apr 2014, 22:56

I received my copy a few days ago and have devoured the extensive details. It covers a wealth of areas from personalities to the various buildings at the Wehrwolf. I recommend it for both the visitor and researcher. As stated by previous reviewers it is packed with then and now photos for easy use. This is especially true if one wishes to actually visit the sites themselves. Overall a marvelous book just jammed with great details and information. I applaud the authors for such a highly detailed study of an often overlooked FHQ. It is a great addition to any WWII library.

Mark Costa

Blueska

Post by Blueska » 04 Oct 2016, 11:46

Hello,

I would like to get one exemplar of the Tour guide. Please, tell me how to proceed.

Thanks

estellahawke

Post by estellahawke » 21 Dec 2016, 10:25

This book is very interesting for the visitor on-site, as well for all those interested in History. This 'Tour Guide' takes through the site and opens the eyes of the unaware Visitor. Thanks for sharing.

Dutchmen

Post by Dutchmen » 04 Aug 2017, 21:16

Hello Martin,

How can I order your books?

Regards from The Netherlands,

Arnold

Katja Krause

Post by Katja Krause » 16 Sep 2020, 14:05

Hello Martin,

I received your book a few days ago and want to thank you very much for your very profound research. As I am researching as well on different topics regarding the FHQue I'd like to ask you some questions on different issues. Do you prefer this here or via email?

One Question beforehand here: As you know there are most annoying wrong photo captions in nearly every publication, image databank et al. Regarding FHQ "Werwolf" I am very confused with the segmentation of Hitlers House (No. 11). In your 3 D animation you are showing the room on the right hand side but not the other rooms. In particular you are referring to the iconic white fireplace which can be seen on different photos. On other photos, which you are not using in your book there is another fireplace, very often captured in photos (viewed in the attachment No. 1). I'm wondering if there are different white fireplaces in the house and if so what was really the office of Hitler. To make the confusion complete: Harald Sandner, which I think you know, uses different terms for different rooms in the house no. 11 (Vol. IV, Page 2023). Can you be of any help for me as I'd like to know the settings as accurate as possible?

Best regards, Katja
Attachments
Hitlers Arbeitszimmer in Winniza.jpeg
Hitlers Arbeitszimmer in Winniza.jpeg (88.89 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Hitlers Arbeitszimmer in Winniza 2.jpg
Hitlers Arbeitszimmer in Winniza 2.jpg (115.98 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Empfang von Staatsmännern in Winniza.png
Hitlers Arbeitszimmer in Winniza fotografiert von R. Misch.png
Arbeitsraum Hitlers in Winniza_19.2.1943.jpg
Arbeitsraum Hitlers in Winniza_19.2.1943.jpg (52.68 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”