Biographies/In-depth books about Nazi soldiers/leaders.

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Cynical

Biographies/In-depth books about Nazi soldiers/leaders.

Post by Cynical » 23 Mar 2014, 11:09

Hey guys,
I wasn't sure where exactly I should place this topic, I didn't feel that it belonged in the document section, so I just put it here, hopefully a moderator doesn't get angry about this, if it's in the wrong section, let me know for future reference please.

Okay, so basically I am wanting to learn more about the different Nazi leaders and/or soldiers of this time period, but I don't know where to start. I am looking for a book that is in English, written about a Nazi leader, or a summary of the different Nazi leaders, I do not necessarily want a specific leader, just a good book that you have read that you think I should read if I am looking to learn more about how it was for these leaders in this time period. I am looking for a book that is a interesting read, preferably a leader which has a unique story or interesting way of his life.

Thanks ahead of time everyone!

Marcus

Re: Biographies/In-depth books about Nazi soldiers/leaders.

Post by Marcus » 23 Mar 2014, 11:30

:welcome:

I'm moving this to the "Reference Material" section of the forum, that is the section where we discuss books.

/Marcus

Cynical

Post by Cynical » 23 Mar 2014, 11:44

Marcus Wendel wrote::welcome:

I'm moving this to the "Reference Material" section of the forum, that is the section where we discuss books.

/Marcus
Thanks for the welcome Marcus! Sorry for neglecting to fully read the sections, didn't realize there was a section dedicated to German books.

wenty

Post by wenty » 25 Mar 2014, 04:04

Hi Cynical,

I'm sure you'll find some excellent suggestions for reference books around here but personally I would recommend something like "My Fathers Keeper" by Stephan Lebert. It's over a decade old now but it gives an excellent insight through personal stories and interviews of not just the leaders of the Nazi party, but how their actions and post-war stigma came to affect those closest to them, especially their children.

Cheers,
Adam.

Cynical

Post by Cynical » 25 Mar 2014, 07:33

wenty wrote:Hi Cynical,

I'm sure you'll find some excellent suggestions for reference books around here but personally I would recommend something like "My Fathers Keeper" by Stephan Lebert. It's over a decade old now but it gives an excellent insight through personal stories and interviews of not just the leaders of the Nazi party, but how their actions and post-war stigma came to affect those closest to them, especially their children.

Cheers,
Adam.
Thanks Adam! I am going to have to take a look at it, seems very intriguing, thanks for your suggestion!

wenty

Post by wenty » 27 Mar 2014, 00:06

Hi Cynical,

You're welcome. I'd be interested to know what you thought of it if/when you read it.

Cheers,
Adam.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”