Volume 17 of Georg Tessin

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Germanicus

Volume 17 of Georg Tessin

Post by Germanicus » 27 Mar 2014, 09:57

Dear Axis-History Forum family.. A book that would assist me greatly in order to ascertain what information is actually in it is probably collecting dust in someones library.. If someone would be able to furnish me with what information relating to the Volkssturm in this particular Volume, it would be greatly appreciated. The Book in question is Register der Namensverbände; Volkssturm; Hitlerjugend; Verbündete

Volume 17 of Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg, 1939 - 1945,

Authors Brün Meyer, Georg Tessin Publisher Biblio-Verlag, 2002 Length 482 pages

I have up to volume 16 of Georg Tessin yet I am unable to locate Volume 17 especially in Australia... If anyone could supply me with what information Georg Tessin states about the Volkssturm, would be an advantage. Does Mr Tessin list any Volkssturm-Bataillon numbers. For example for a particular Gau or kries such as Volkssturm-Bataillon 3/300??

Most respectfully

Mark

Leo Niehorster

Re: Volume 17 of Georg Tessin

Post by Leo Niehorster » 27 Mar 2014, 11:44

Hi,
The "listing" in Tessin's Vol. 17 is merely a ~50 page index of the Volkssturm as found in the various books of the DRK-Suchdienst (German Red Cross Search Service).

Leo
Attachments
Tessin 17_294.gif
Tessin 17_294.gif (1.07 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Information not passed on is lost.
URL: World War II Armed Forces

Germanicus

Post by Germanicus » 27 Mar 2014, 13:13

Dear Leo Thank you for this. I have the Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Vermisstenbildliste 2. Nachtrag FU-FZ GA-GH RA + SO as well as VA-VB-VC ... is this the same as the DRK-Suchdienst (German Red Cross Search Service).

If you haven't been able to as of yet, please check my post on An extensive list of Volkssturm-Bataillons?

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=192705

Is it possible to obtain a full view of the above or would that breach copyright laws? I am only publishing this on the Axis History Forum and would be acknowledging the reference to Mr Tessin and Mr Meyer. I know of your works and have followed your writings for years. Do you yourself have any listing of Volkssturm-Bataillones? Any assistance would be appreciated.

As it originally comes from the DRK-Suchdienst (German Red Cross Search Service). I don't believe it would be an issue but I am not familiar with Copyright Law or would I be in breach of plagiarism, as full referencing would be made to the original source!!

Your help and guidance would be appreciated.

Most respectfully

Mark

Germanicus

Post by Germanicus » 09 Apr 2014, 01:56

Help :-)

I have tried to purchase the book Volume 17 of 'Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg, 1939 - 1945, Register der Namensverbände; Volkssturm; Hitlerjugend; Verbündete' Authors Brün Meyer, Georg Tessin Publisher Biblio-Verlag, 2002, the only place I can locate it is in Germany and they don’t ship to Australia. A kind reader stated to me.......The "listing" in Tessin's Vol. 17 is ~50 pages of index of the Volkssturm... I don’t need the whole book just Georg Tessin’s Index Listing.... What to do??

Most respectfully

Mark

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”