Forthcoming Book: Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
John P. Moore

Re: Forthcoming Book: Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp

Post by John P. Moore » 03 Mar 2016, 01:03

The long-awaited book arrived today. I first made a cup of good coffee and along with a couple of Lindt dark chocolate truffles, I spent the afternoon thoroughly enjoying this excellent book. Even after seeing the draft, the final product greatly exceeded my expectations. Well done!!

The amount of research that went into the production of this book is very evident and I am well-aware of the scope of the authors’ research. Both authors personally knew many of the surviving veterans of Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp who are featured in this book and that personal connection is apparent. The text is extremely well-written and the superb photos are accompanied by detailed captions. Most people appearing in the photos are correctly identified and considerable effort was expended to accomplish that. Remy has already described the special process used in creating all of these photos, most of which have not been seen before, ready for printing. The difference in image quality between what the reader will see in this book and the typical Waffen-SS book is remarkable. I believe that this book can serve as a positive example for other authors and publishers who desire to strive to create the best possible completed piece of work. This book is also fine example of an original piece of work on the Waffen-SS when it seems that more and more people are writing about the same tired old themes.

I highly recommend this 192-page book. It is reasonably priced at USD 85, however, people can receive a 25% discount by ordering directly from RZM.

Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano » 11 Mar 2016, 05:47

Attention readers in the UK and Europe!
The wait is over! Just spoke yesterday with our distributor Casemate UK,
and they have confirmed the books have safely arrived in their warehouse
and they will be shipping orders next week or March 16, 2016 to be exact.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 11 Mar 2016, 06:05

Congratulations, gentlemen. It sounds like a beautiful masterpiece.

~ Mike

Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano » 18 Mar 2016, 23:29

UPDATE for North America!

As expected we are just about sold out. I have less then 120 copies left for sale.

We have stopped supplying books to Amazon USA. As of today they have less then 90 copies left for sale. Once Amazon sells through their stock that will be it. The book will only be available from dealers like RZM, Aberdeen Bookstore or Fedorowicz Mail Order in Canada.

The window to buy a copy from Amazon at their usual discount will be closing soon and there are no plans for an immediate reprint.

Charles Trang

Post by Charles Trang » 12 Apr 2016, 19:01

I got it yesterday. Outstanding work : great research by Doug E. Nash and superb layout by Remy Spezzano. A must have.

Isaac

Post by Isaac » 05 May 2017, 23:48

Hey Just wondering if volume 2 will come out soon or next yeark? so I can keep my eyes open for it

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”