29. Division by Joachim Lemelsen

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
jolki

29. Division by Joachim Lemelsen

Post by jolki » 09 Sep 2014, 16:21

Hello,

I am looking for a piece of information that is to be found in "29. Division" by Joachim Lemelsen - at least so I have been told by a person who once used this book in his research but no longer has access to it.

Apparently the book mentions "a wild shoot-out" between the soldiers of the division and an unidentified group of Poles that took place somewhere in the area of Kije or Chmielnik on the night of 5/6 September 1939 (or perhaps a night later or earlier although this seems unlikely).

I am interested in any information on this incident - I know the book may be bought on the internet but the price is, well, rather high for me at the moment, especially as the information I am looking for is quite limited - perhaps someone who happens to have this book on their shelf would be able to look up the description of that incident for me? I would be immensely grateful for that.

Best regards,

Lukasz

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”