Stephen Barratt - Zhitomir-Berdichev - Vol 2 - MAPS !!!???

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Martinski

Stephen Barratt - Zhitomir-Berdichev - Vol 2 - MAPS !!!???

Post by Martinski » 26 Nov 2014, 19:19

Hello!

Something strange with the Volume 2 of the book by Stephen Barratt: "Zhitomir-Berdichev: German Operations West of Kiev 24 December 1943-31 January 1944" !!!

Some months ago, I ordered via ebay a copy of this book and received ONLY the text book and NOT the MAP book. Vol. 1 of this series came with a text book AND a maps book as a separate annexes book.

Although described by the publisher:
"Volume 2 includes the appendices which provide order of battle detail for both sides, and comes with a separately bound book of 253 detailed daily situation maps in colour to allow the reader to follow operations as they developed day by day."

So I bought a copy and received ONLY the text book. After a lenghty discussion, I decided to keep the text book and now ordered, through Amazon.de another copy. I sent the seller a mail in advance in order to make sure to receive both: text & maps book of Vol. 2. The other seller sent me the above description and reassured me that everything was according to the description. Paid the (second) copy and was waiting.... Just received a mail by the second seller: ONLY a text book and NO MAPS book, but in this case the seller witheld the text book and will refund my money.

http://www.amazon.de/Zhitomir-Berdichev ... t+zhitomir

What is wrong with this MAPS book???? Does it exist??? Any input will be welcome. I need this maps book very urgently for my research about FHQu "Wehrwolf"!

Regards - Martin

Martinski

Re: Stephen Barratt - Zhitomir-Berdichev - Vol 2 - MAPS !!!???

Post by Martinski » 27 Nov 2014, 07:44

Amazon just refunded my money this morning. Sent also a question to Helion Publishers to ask what wrong with the MAP book (advertissed as the annexes as a SEPARATE book) to "Zhitomir-Berdichev" - Vol 2.

Anyone received this separate MAP book (to Vol. 2) yet????

Martin

steelers708

Post by steelers708 » 27 Nov 2014, 19:59

I ordered Vol.2 from Amazon.co.uk and received both the text volume and the map book.

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Post by Jeff Leach » 27 Nov 2014, 21:33

I also recieved both volumes from Amazon.co.uk when I ordered Volume 2. The map volume is almost as big as the text volume.

Martinski

Post by Martinski » 27 Nov 2014, 23:24

Hello!
Many thanks for your feedback! I don't know what's wrong but I ordered Vol.2 twice from two different UK sellers. Received the book from the first one WITHOUT the separate maps book. Kept the book an re-ordered a second time at another UK seller. After paying the book, he yesterday let me know that also the separate maps books was missing. So he decided to withold the order and refunded my money.

Made a query today at HELION publishers - tehy promised to help me out... we'll see!

Martin

Martinski

Post by Martinski » 27 Nov 2014, 23:25

Steelers708 / Jeff - can you please inform me about the UK seller? Which store delivered you both volumes (= incl. the maps book)?

Will eventually re-order!

Martin

steelers708

Post by steelers708 » 28 Nov 2014, 00:31

I ordered mine from the Amazon UK website, as to Helion, I've ordered direct from there before and when I've spoken to Wilfred he's always been very helpful.

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Post by Jeff Leach » 28 Nov 2014, 09:59

I ordered from Amazon UK website or direct from Helion. Don't remember which one but most likely Amazon UK.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”