Books on Daluege and the police state.

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Ononefoot39

Books on Daluege and the police state.

Post by Ononefoot39 » 25 Jan 2016, 19:00

I asked a similar question a few months ago, but I would like to expand on my earlier post. Are there any works that give a decent portrayal of Daluege? I own Edward B. Westermann's fantastic Hitler's Police Battalions that gives some pretty good information on him. Philip W. Blood's Hitler's Bounty Hunters presents some good information on Daluege as well. Philip Blood was also kind enough to send me an essay he wrote on Daleuge and the militarization of the Orpo.

As for books on the police state, what are some good titles that are not necessarily about the Orpo, but militarized police in general? I know this is more early modern history, but Marc Raeff's The Well Ordered Police State is a good starting point to find out the origins of militarized police. Hsi-Huey Liang's works are also pretty decent. There is a Polish author whose name escapes me that writes about police forces as well.

Cheers
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 25 Jan 2016, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Daluege - not Daleuge !

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”