PANTHER Books?(Which Titles Have the Highest quality pics)*Help Appreciated.

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
rctiger1

PANTHER Books?(Which Titles Have the Highest quality pics)*Help Appreciated.

Post by rctiger1 » 17 Jun 2016, 17:11

*I forgot to ask you guys which of the several edtions OF THE FOLLOWING BOOK PANTHER IN DETAIL Feist, U. & Culver, ?
are considered to contain the best Quality Pics? may as well get it right with your help as this to is a costly Book*

:D Hello Dear friends,
It as being some time since I last visited the site let alone posted anything
Have being very ill,nothing new there,moving on..

I am putting together a nice collection of TIGER books
and am now moving on to the PANTHER I have the images of war title on the PANTHER,which I like but I see some folk don`t rate the series.No matter I am in the process of buying PANTHER IN DETAIL-UweFeist et-al

The kind of books I like are the top quality photo studies with exploded cations rather than the wordy tomes and all the tech stuff which of course as its many active devotees.

Must admit to being very dissapointed with several books I was advised to buy IE= TIGERs in Combat 1&2 almost like photo copies so very poor and disappointing gave the books away + American & Allied tanks Encyclopedia the later edition,the earlier one was better.

My point in mentioning all this, is the fact that I only want books with top notch Photos (allowing for age of course) but not cheapo production.This time I would really appreciate help on the PANTHER Books.as I said I am ordering the Ryton Publications Panther+TIGER I -( 50 Anniversary 1942-1992)+Schwere Panzer in Detail+Tiger I and Sturmtiger in Detail

I think they together with Tigers at the Front: A Photo Study gets me a good sound base to start from.(Again)

So freinds if you can let me have more PANTHER Titles very much obliged

All The Best Steve :thumbsup:

DougW60

Re: PANTHER Books?(Which Titles Have the Highest quality pics)*Help Appreciated.

Post by DougW60 » 01 Mar 2017, 03:58

Sd.Kfz. 171 Pz.Kpfw. V Panther - Waldemar Trojca
Panther External Appearance & Design Changes - Macdougall & Block (Abteilung 502 Publications)
The Panther-Battalion "Brandenburg" 1945 and its Prehistory as I./Pz.Rgt. 26 - Ockert / Urbanke (Luftfahrtverlag START Publications)
The 116. Panzer-Division's Panther Battalion in Normandy July - August 1944 - Lodieu (Histoire & Collections)

Panther & Its Variants - Spielberger (Schiffer Publications) As far as photos are concerned this is more of a design history than operational history.
Germany's Panther Tank, The Quest for Combat Supremacy - Thomas Jentz (Schiffer Publications) As far as photos are concerned this is more of a design history than operational history

As far as Tigers in Combat 1&2 - sounds like you purchased the soft-bound Stackpole reproduction versions, did you search for the original hard-bound volumes?

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”