Lina Heydrich & Max Williams biography of Heydrich

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Misty Dawn Bright

Lina Heydrich & Max Williams biography of Heydrich

Post by Misty Dawn Bright » 04 Nov 2003, 14:02

I'm looking for biographical information on Lina Heydrich, wife of Reinhard Heydrich. Namely:

1 - When and where was she born, and when/how did she die?
2 - Her family background. I understand that she was a fervent Nazi when she met Heydrich. For what reasons (racial, Nationalist, economic, etc.,). Did her position change in any way during her marriage or after her husband'd death and the war?
3 - Which books have the most reliable information on her?
4 - Her marriage to Heydrich. Did they fight? Over what?

Anything anyone has, including pictures, would be good .... If you want, email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Misty Bright

[title changed /webmaster]

Juha Hujanen

Post by Juha Hujanen » 04 Nov 2003, 17:00

She was born 1911 as a daughter of a schoolmaster on the Baltic island of Fehmarn.Hers maiden name was Lina Mathilde von Osten.

G-man

Post by G-man » 04 Nov 2003, 19:45

Didnt she run a hotel somewhere in the baltic before dying in the 1970's?

I'm assuming she changed back to her maiden name?
The name Heydrich would draw revenge attacks like a magnet.

I believe Heydrich's son Klaus was killed in a traffic accident not long after his Fathers death.

Whilst we are on the subject of Heydrich, is it true that Reinhard Hated lawyers (didnt like or trust them) and that he wanted to do away with them but was forbidden to by Hitler?

Juha Hujanen

Post by Juha Hujanen » 05 Nov 2003, 17:09

Heydrich indeed hated lawyers but Hitler was no lawer fan either.I'm just reading Heinz Höhne's The Order of the Death's Head,and few pages ago there was a quote from Hitler

"I shall not rest until every German realises that it is a disgrace to be a lawyer"

:idea:

/Juha

Locke

Post by Locke » 05 Nov 2003, 17:43

Lina died in 1985. After WWII she ran an inn on island of Fehrman. The inn was supposedly a poular meeting- point for former SS men. And she comes from an anti-semitic, nationalistic family.

Source:http://www.nadir.org/nadir/initiativ/ci/nf/102/22.html
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Holoca ... drich.html

Regards,
Polona

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 07 Nov 2003, 04:44

She was an ardent Nazi before that Heydrich.

She meet Heydrich and won Heydrich to the Party. She help his future husband to get important job into the SS like the first office of the SD.

G-man

Post by G-man » 07 Nov 2003, 21:42

The SD, are they like the ones who spy on you and collect the Information for Heydrichs infamous files and generally gather intellegence for national security?

Matt Gibbs

Lina Heydrich

Post by Matt Gibbs » 08 Nov 2003, 02:25

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere that she changed her name after the war, The family home was convered and made into a 'pension' or guesthouse after the war so her and her daughter could earn money.
As mentioned in several books she joined the NSDAP after her brother did the same thing, which was at least a year before Reinhard heydrich did so.
I don't know that she was a 'fervent' nazi though, that word implies some kind of rabid enthusiasm which I have not read about, she was not a nazi activist or involved in any kind of practical way with the local party as far as I know. [remember there was a lot of german nationalist feelings post ww1]. Always interested to learn more though, there is some good pictures of her and her husband on the net and in books, as you know!

Regards
Matt Gibbs

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 08 Nov 2003, 02:59

Hello Matt,

Lina Mathilde von Osten joined to the NSDAP in 1929 (NSDAP Number: 1.201.380) and participated in a rally where the Red Flag with the Swastika was arise in a building in Kiel first time.

When they were boyfriends, Lina gifted to Heydrich the book of "her God" (in her own words): "Mein Kampf" and she asked to Heydrich about the chapters of the book each night. He was a Nazi for her influenced in these years. Lina had more political level than Heydrich.

They married in december 26, 1931

She worked in the NSDAP Orstgruppe in Kiel and she was one of the girls who made repartitions of Nazi propaganda in the streets of the city. In next years she likes sing the "Horst Wessel Lied" in the streets.

The best friend of Lina was Karl von Eberstein the future SS General. They were members of the same Orstgruppen.

Lina Mathilda von Osten Heydrich

Best,

Misty Dawn Bright

Lina Heydrich

Post by Misty Dawn Bright » 10 Nov 2003, 11:21

What about details about her private life (who were her friends, what was her relationship with her husband like), and her personality? I understand that her personality in particular could be irritating (the little I've read about her irks me) ....

Has anyone read her book? I wish I could read it but can't, because it's in German. Would anyone know if there is or will be an English translation?

Thank you so far ....

Misty Bright

And what about more pictures?

Matt Gibbs

Thanks

Post by Matt Gibbs » 11 Nov 2003, 00:21

Hello there Helly Angel;
Thanks for the useful infos, have you got some sources for further reading please..? :D I did remember reading something about General Eberstein and you just reminded me of it...!
Kind Regards
Matt Gibbs

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 12 Nov 2003, 01:01

Hello Matt and all,

Pleasent in help you :wink:

For Info about Lina and her work in the NSDAP in:

Brissaud, André, Histoire du Secret Service Nazi (French) I have the edition in Spanish.

For info about the relationship about Lina and Reinhard in:

Georges Paillard and Claude Rougerie, Reinhard Heydrich. I have the spanish edition.

The photo of Lina what I found was with google but is originaly from David irving´s website. The original is in sale and belong to her private archives today in sale for a private seller, (Dates in DI´s Website)
http://www.fpp.co.uk/Himmler/Heydricharchive.html

About Eberstein I think the best book is Mark Yerger´s "SS Allgemeine".

Best,

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 12 Nov 2003, 02:49

I hear sometime about them: Lina fought with Reinhard throwing things and punching his face

Someone know about this?

Best,

Roderick

Post by Roderick » 12 Nov 2003, 19:45

Lina's father was against his daughter to join in marriage Heydrich.
According to him, Heydrich was "a immoral man without pinciples".
But Lina defeated her father and they were married in 1931.

Roderick

Matt Gibbs

However

Post by Matt Gibbs » 12 Nov 2003, 23:42

whne Heydrich first went to visit the Osten family all was harmonious and goodwil, he went to stay for christmas in the first year they met, they also approved of the studious and musically gifted young man, it was only later when the trouble came out over his dismissal that they thought otherwise - also, to be fair or otherwise to both sides Reinhards parents were not sure she was right for him ....!
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”