Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Introduce yourself

Comments about the site and forum as well as announcements about them.

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby aussyss on 17 Oct 2012 08:20

Hello, I guess I will introduce myself like every body else had done before me.

No expert I am, therefore ,I hope I am still welcome. I like to chat about the Wehrmacht, though, I am not full of knowledge. I am an WWII anesthetist. I like to chat in 'What If' / 'why the SS is famous' or 'why the SS' thread / and life in the 3rd ranch sounds interesting.

I will try and don't get involved in serious discussions, because I wish not to screw your discussions up. I'm not intelligent, sorry.

Please to meet you'll all. :milwink: :milsmile:

Aly.
aussyss
Banned
Australia

Postby Germanicus on 18 Oct 2012 14:37

Hello

I come from Sydney Australia...I grew up in the Inner-City of Sydney and went to Catholic Schools all my life, however, I now live my wife at Windsor in the far North West of Sydney and I am a Senior Prison Officer and have been for a long time. I work in a Maximum Security Gaol and it IS the largest in Australia. I was formerly in Banking and Finance after i left high school, before joing the Australian Army...each Generation of my family was in the military. After that I was studying to be a school teacher at the Australian Catholic university Mont St Marys Strathfield, however joined the Public Service starting off in Juvenile Justice facilities before becoming a Prison Officer. I have been a union delegate for a long time as well.

When I am not collecting information on the Wehrmacht or Axis Forces...I like to relax. My interest in music is mainly The Beatles or Post Beatle solo stuff. I am interested in classic English Bands as well, mainly Rock.. hard is nice, although there are some from US and Europe which aren't too bad.

Most respectfully

Mark
Germanicus
Australia

Postby jimys on 20 Oct 2012 13:01

hello everyone
my name is jimmys and im from nafpaktos greece
im interesting about ww2 history and im in a good position to tell you i have find a lot of relics and other things.
jimys
Greece

Postby Usman Anwar on 20 Oct 2012 23:15

Hello every one.My name is Usman Anwar and I live in Pakistan. I am very intrested about axis forces and WW2 especially armoured warfare.It want to know more and more about axis forces . I love the axis forces and it is my dream to visit the grave of late Field Marshall Erwin Rommel .I just love to chat and post new topics ,new comments about Axis forces.
Usman Anwar
Pakistan

Postby Bohanka on 22 Oct 2012 00:05

I'm an Austalian living and working in China. I've always been interested in WWII since I was a child. I was born seven years after WWII and remember seeing the bombed out buildings in London in the late 50's. I can recall my parents and Grandparents discussing the war. I also lived in Germany for three years and saw the impact the war had there. I had many German friends and it was very interesting to hear the effect the conflict had on them.

I remember a friend of of the family who had served in the Axis forces as a parachutist in the invasion of Crete and then in the Africa Corps where he was captured. He told us some amazing stories of his exploits. I can remember Frau E who's husband was at Stalingrad. He wrote an account of his experiences in letters to her before he was killed.

My great Uncle Frank was on minesweepers in the Mediterranean and was torpedoed twice. My uncle Will was a commando. I've had a fascination for WWII for as long as I can remember. It was, after all, the greatest conflict in human history.

Bohanka
Bohanka
China

Postby smokinprice on 22 Oct 2012 04:39

This is my second attempt at posting here. For whatever reason my first post was denied for a lack of facts on this thread. Go figure.

I am 38, married, have kids and 2 dogs. I have an interest in Axis forces and the fighting on the Eastern Front. No quarter was given and none was asked for by either side. Working in Law Enforcement, I also have an interest in the German Police Units during WWII. How could those sworn to protect participate in extermination? Always amazes me. Other than the German Police Units, I also have an interest in Fallschirmjagers.

I have started collecting WWI and WWII Iron Crosses and now I think I am up to like 12 or 13 of them. I also have a small collection of German bread bags, tins, other personal items, 2 pipes, and around 50 or so German Death Cards.

Thanks for allowing me to join and I look forward to reading and participating in future posts.
smokinprice
United States

Postby Fizban on 02 Nov 2012 18:55

Hi. I am a 28 year old author, living in Minnesota, writing about a world thousands of miles away from my own. After teaching English in Japan during college, I re-developed an interest in Asian history. The experience has affected me more since I returned home, and gave me the inspiration to write about a story I found when I was there. I am in the final editing stage of it at the moment, and in the process of continuing the story and developing it into a series. I have lurked in the forums for some time, but I find myself wanting to share my opinion more and more as I get more into the research. My characters are adjusting to life just before WW2, and I try to place myself in their shoes. Through the assistance in material that this website (through its fabulous community) provides, I have been able to polish my work more than I would have been able to alone. I just wanted to thank you all, and introduce myself.

~T. Alan Hammer
Fizban
United States

Postby Dachhase on 03 Nov 2012 03:38

Welcome, Fizban. At the risk of trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs: have you checked these sources?
http://books.google.com.au/books/about/ ... edir_esc=y
I have not yet read this myself, but it concerns Peter Russo, an Australian who was teaching in Japan for several years up to mid 1941. This book is about him, not by him. I read something he wrote ca 1947 about this period, the assassinations, the Black Dragon Society, communism among students, the political police snatching students from his classes (and never hearing of them again), and the incidence of TB and the methods used to dodge conscription. (This article would not be available to you, and I cannot access it again.)
The other is a book by Sidney Mashbir, "I was an American Spy". (I think that is the title)
A little while back, while searching for "Shina no yoru" on Youtube, I came across a clip from a 1940 Japanese film. Interesting to see how they saw themselves. Send me a Private Message if you want to inquire about this. It is not particularly relevant to the forum.
Dachhase
Australia

Postby Darth Vader on 06 Nov 2012 00:41

Hello. :)

My name is Mariama Binta Bojang but you may call me Mimi. I am eighteen years of age. I speak both the English and German languages. I adhere to the religion of Monotheism and the ideology of Liberalism. I enjoy watching Docu-Dramas and reading Encyclopaedias. I ride Horses and fly Aerobats. I speak precisely and dress conservatively. I hope to one day become a Historian.

My current interests include Adolf Hitler, Nazi Germany, World War II, Militarism, Politics, Nationalism and in particular Antisemitism. So do expect that most, if not all of my posts will be Third-Reich orientated.

Thank You. :)
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Darth Vader
United Kingdom

Postby Marcus Wendel on 06 Nov 2012 15:34

:welcome:

Please don't write in all bold, it only makes the posts harder to read.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

Postby howe on 08 Nov 2012 15:53

Hi everybody,

I signed up to the forum some time ago but didn't find the time to follow up and introduce myself before now, sorry for that. My name is Holger, I'm living in Berlin (Germany) and I'm researching the history of german 251st Infantry Divison for a while already. I found quite some information already - both here in the forum (and factbook) as well as in a number of other places and in the published literature (Maurer, Meier-Welcker and the likes).

What I like about this forum is the pretty international audience and I'm hoping to get hints, advice, and comments from eastern european members as I'd like to get more information about the russian side of the various engangements of the division. I'm not sure yet whether I should start a new threat on the issue or not, I'll see whether there's something I can pick up or add on to.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it

Cheers

Holger
howe
Germany

Postby Hoch on 15 Nov 2012 21:15

Hello everyone, I'll keep this brief.

I've been lurking about this site for the past year or so. It's extremely interesting to find a site that isn't turned into a giant flamewar mess, but whenever I really have a curiosity, I can never seem to find an answer on this site. So it's time I register and ask the question!
Hoch
Canada

Postby KDF33 on 17 Nov 2012 02:54

Hi,

I'm a Canadian student interested in WWII and I've been lurking on this site since about six months. I find it extremely informative and have thus decided to register so I could ask questions and actively take part in the discussions.
KDF33
Canada

Postby euro renegade on 29 Nov 2012 13:15

hello all
live in south of uk ,have been interested in ww2 since school so over 30 years now ,try to do a lot of reading ,am a wargamer in 20mm using rapid fire rules ,have to good size armies ,1 british and 1 german ,
lived all over europe,france ,spain (10 years), and denmark for last 4 years got back in may this year ,
hope to do some more shows next year ,
am retired now ..early ..lucky old me ,
regards tony
euro renegade
United Kingdom

Postby POLSKI on 02 Dec 2012 02:20

Hi all!
I live in Florida in the USA and have been interested in history since I can remember. I'm only 18, so I don't know much but am trying to learn more. I am of mostly Polish descent, but due to the many occupations I also have some German in me. I mostly joined the site to seek some help identifying some pictures of my great-grandfather, who was a German soldier in World War 1, specifically the Schleswig-Holstein 86 Fusiliers. That is pretty much all I know of him though and I am looking for some more information on him and his unit. I hope to partake in some discussions and show some of my collections.

Mark
POLSKI
United States

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Announcement about AHF