Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

How to support AHF

Comments about the site and forum as well as announcements about them.

How to support AHF

Postby Marcus Wendel on 03 Apr 2002 18:33

Hello all,

I've recieved mails from some of you today about the possibilities of supporting the site & forum financially through a small donation (thanks) and I thought this would be a good time to post some info in the forum about how you can help.

As you all know this site has expanded rapidly since it was launched and is now probably the the largest and (more important) best site on the axis forces/nations during WW2.
Let me remind you that this site will remain free for all to use, but I am in need of your support to continue the present expansion and continue to add more features.

There are several ways to financially support the site & forum:
* donate through Paypal
* donate $5/month or donate $10/month, both through Paypal
* Sending cash, check or something similar (contact me for details)
* Buying books, cds, dvds etc from the store on this very site (or the links to Amazon (UK, Germany) provided there)
* You can also buy AHF merchandise that will make you look cool and at the same time help support your favourite forum!

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

At the request from some of our members we've created two banners that those of you who have a website and want to help promote the forum can use to link here.

If you want to support the site without providing monetary support, you can of course also help in other ways, such as providing information or images for the site.

/Marcus
Last edited by Marcus Wendel on 03 Nov 2007 19:12, edited 19 times in total.
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

Postby don on 09 Apr 2002 18:01

You got my support.This forum is great.

don
don
Canada

Postby Marcus Wendel on 10 Apr 2002 06:50

Thanks Don.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

A Question Please?

Postby David C. Clarke on 03 May 2002 00:28

Hi Marcus, I don't mean to be intrusive about this, but I've puzzled over it (I can be very thick at times). How exactly does the buy from the Amazon.com link benefit the forum? I buy a lot of books, too many in fact, and I could gladly channel my Amazon.com purchases through this site, but will that cut down on my savings with Amazon at all? Sorry to ask, but I thought of it again today when I was pricing Doug Nash's new book. Very Best Regards, David :D
David C. Clarke
United States

Postby Marcus Wendel on 03 May 2002 09:54

David,

If you buy books through the links in the store section of the site (either by clicking on the cover of a specific book or by clicking on the Amazon.com link) I get a small commission on the sale, but it has no effect on the prices you pay.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

Sounds Cool!

Postby David C. Clarke on 03 May 2002 14:56

Thanks Marcus, it sounds easy enough that even I can handle it. I think it's a great way to support the forum, since folks are going to buy books and Amazon has decent prices.
I just hope that most of the contributors know that this is a way to support this Forum. Cheers, David :D
David C. Clarke
United States

I WILL FINANCIALLY HELP YOUR FORUM

Postby WCSTUMP on 03 May 2002 22:56

I will send a contribution to start thing off. I have one suggestion. The other forums have had membership pins produced. The members would love to have one from your forum. Why not look into this as a fund raiser and publicity program. T-Shirts and caps with the Forum Logo would go over quite well also.
WCSTUMP
In memoriam
United States

Postby Marcus Wendel on 03 May 2002 23:23

William,

Many thanks.

The pin/tshirt idea is actually something I have thought about and I will give it some more thought.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

Good Idea!

Postby David C. Clarke on 04 May 2002 00:24

I like W.C.'s idea of pins as well, I think everyone has a bit of the collector in them. But I did have an odd thought when I read it--do you think that sixty years from now people on another forum will discuss
their authenticity? Can you imagine a conversation like this:
"I'll give you one Third Reich Forum pin for two Feldgrau pins."
"No way dude! I'll give you one Soldatenheim pin for two Third Reich
Forum Pins."
"You must be crazy, look one Third Reich Forum pin even for a Feldgrau Pin--but you have to throw in the Missing Links pin for free."

Well, you never know. Cheers, David :lol: :lol: :lol:
David C. Clarke
United States

Postby don on 04 May 2002 18:40

You still got my support. How much for the pin?

don :)
don
Canada

Postby Ken Jasper on 05 May 2002 23:53

Marcus,

I just ordered two books via your site: Davis' book on flags of the 3rd Reich and his new one on cloth insignia. The system works very well. I will spread the word. :D
Ken Jasper
In memoriam
United States

Postby Marcus Wendel on 06 May 2002 19:20

Ken,

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

hi marcus

Postby rkoy on 06 May 2002 19:28

germandaggers and wehrmacht forums have had raffles with donated badges from KNOWN dealers maybe youy should look at that route it seems to work well at the other forums.just an idea.rodney
rkoy
United States

Postby Marcus Wendel on 06 May 2002 19:30

Rodney,

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

/Marcus
Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff
Sweden

POST THE ADDRESS TO SEND CONTRIBUTIONS

Postby WCSTUMP on 16 May 2002 22:38

Please post the mailing address where we can send contributions to support the forum.
WCSTUMP
In memoriam
United States

Next

Return to Comments & Announcement about AHF