Störsender, Brummer and FuMB-Peiler at Lista, Norway

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
leif-tore

Störsender, Brummer and FuMB-Peiler at Lista, Norway

Post by leif-tore » 14 Jun 2015, 20:32

Hello all!

I'm trying to find out what kind of Equipment was used on these three different locations;

51 Störsender shown as six antennas, 52 Brummer shown as Three antennas an a small barrack, and 67 FuMB-peiler shown as four antennas. See Attached map.
The name Libelle have been used for these units, in 15./Ln.Rgt 5.

Several Sources tells that the following Equipment was used;
FuMB 4 (Samos)
Korfu 812/274 (is this the same as FuMB 11?)
Karl 2

Can anyone explain (quick and easy) the difference in function between these?
Where they located one on each location, and if so, which one were where?

I have seen Pictures of Korfu 812, which shows a small hut With a funnel on top of it. Was this all? No other antennas?

I have also seen Pictures of the FuMB 4, where there was a small hut With one antenna on top of it (or behind it). Where there only one antenna?

The Karl jammer (same as, or similar to Karl 2?) was a mobile unit, often used in clusters of 6 or 12 (info from SES in other thread)
Could this be the case at number 51? It shows six antennas. Could these be 6xKarl?

There is little left in the area (51) today. Only the remains of a barrack, a concrete platform, and two Foundations With a steel eye, probably for support for a large antenna?

Any help will be appreciated!

Best regards,

Leif-Tore
Attachments
Libelle.jpg

SES
In memoriam

Re: Störsender, Brummer and FuMB-Peiler at Lista, Norway

Post by SES » 14 Jun 2015, 22:09

Hi Leif-Tore,
Please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/Funkmessbeobachtung ... n%20WL.htm
bregds
SES

leif-tore

Re: Störsender, Brummer and FuMB-Peiler at Lista, Norway

Post by leif-tore » 14 Jun 2015, 23:53

Hello SES,

Thanks again.
Theres so much information on Your site, so I'm having problems getting all of this right :-).

Let my try to summarize it, as I understand it;

The FuMB-Stellung (67 on the map) had a Korfu 812, and was co-located with the RV-Stellung, which again had a Connection via several links, to Oslo and Trondheim. That leads to a New question; What kind of equipment were used at the RV-Stellung?
What about the FuMB 4 (Samos?)? Was this also located at 67?

Could it really be that there actually were six Karl (or Karl 2, and what is the difference?) placed at number 52? Or just one? Or something else with six antennas?

What about the Brummer-Anlage (51)? All the mentioned units are recievers of different types. Could this be a normal transmitter (like the 100WS?) Connected to a "signal (noise) generator"?

You also Write that there was a Naxburg radar in this area. Do you know where it was located?

I have considered bying the books from Fritz Trenkle for a while, but now it seems like it's due time!

Best regards,

Leif-Tore

Return to “Other Equipment”